Help with Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

apipfreak

Just went to court on Monday for custody of my 15 yr old. Decision will be made on Friday. Judge ordered my x and I to communicate through email regarding our son. I have recieved three emails as of yesterday (Tuesday) demanding pictures of my son's room, how I pay for his bills (doctor, etc.) and requests of how I punish my son. It was my understanding we use email to discuss visitation, grades, and other issues related to our child. These emails seem to be digging for the next court date.
My question is: Am I required to answer every nit picky thing he wants? Send the pics? We got out of court Monday afternoon and I had two emails waiting for me by the time I got home.
Thanks.

You are in the right about the emails. Print them up and show the judge the next time you go to court. You are not required to tell him anything about how you spend money on your child. You don't have to send pictures either. Your house and your childs room is your business. He is using the email thing to harrass you and it's best if you only reply to the ones that are about school and stuff like that. Print everything he writes you and every email you send him. That way you are covering yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back