Help selecting categories for trademark classification

S

snook

Jurisdiction
Florida
Hello, I am trying to apply for a trademark and unfortunately I can not find a class of "goods and services" that fits my need. I am going to be selling marine gear and accessories. Specifically I want my mark to focus on boat accessories; from cup holders to tackle stations, electrical switch panels, batteries, battery chargers, etc.

I am confused because of their search results. Ex: there is "rods for fishing" and there is also "fishing rods"... so I need to apply for both categories just to cover fishing rods? At $250+ each it would cost me 100K to protect each and every category.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Trademark filings can, indeed, be expensive.
Which is why some smaller businesses don't file for such protection.
All I can suggest is to visit a trademarks or patents lawyer.
The initial consultation is normally offered gratis.

I am confused because of their search results. Ex: there is "rods for fishing" and there is also "fishing rods"... so I need to apply for both categories just to cover fishing rods? At $250+ each it would cost me 100K to protect each and every category.

You're making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Check out Category 186 Merchandising - Subcategory 36 - Combined Services:

Class Schedule for Class 186 MERCHANDISING

If it was me, I'd go with that. But I'm not a trademark attorney so I don't give legal advice, I just make helpful comments. If you do anything based on my comments you do so at your own risk.

You're making this more complicated than it needs to be.

If it was me, I'd go with that. But I'm not a trademark attorney so I don't give legal advice, I just make helpful comments. If you do anything based on my comments you do so at your own risk.

Funny, that's the general disclaimer lawyers go with, too! LOL

Back