Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Help regarding shoplifting

Unison18

Jurisdiction
Delaware
Hi
First of all I must say I am very sad and I wish I could change what I have done . I did shoplifting not sure what was going in my mind . I got charged with misdemeanor for shoplifting in store . I don't have any criminal background not even a single ticket so I am scared what to do . I am willing to pay 450$ for stuff to store . I recently went through family emergencies and I had my 2 year son with me when this happens .please suggest what should I do so I do not get any serious charges. I promise not even in absent mind I will do such pathetic stuff.

I am a Retail Theft Consultant and answer questions like yours daily. Ask your Attorney if there is a Diversion or ACD program available in your case

If the store has sent you a demand for $450 and you pay it that could stop any criminal action.
If you pay the $450 get an agreement in writing that the store will not pursue criminal action and that the matter is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
If they won't provide such a letter I would be hesitant to pay anything.

They didn't demand anything as not even single tag was taken out or any damage to the merchandise.They gave me the number and case number so I called and paid full amount and they said they will send me letter saying that I paid in full . Can this help me with these charges . Please suggest

They didn't demand anything as not even single tag was taken out or any damage to the merchandise.They gave me the number and case number so I called and paid full amount and they said they will send me letter saying that I paid in full . Can this help me with these charges . Please suggest

Charges, what charges?

You weren't charged, were you?

Read the shoplifting law in DE, it'll open your eyes and the civil demand extortion racket.

In addition to criminal penalties, an adult or emancipated minor who commits shoplifting in Delaware (or the parent or legal guardian of a minor who commits shoplifting) can be held civilly liable for losses associated with the shoplifting incident. Liability will be released if within 20 days of receiving a demand letter from the merchant, payment is made for the full retail value of any merchandise not returned in sellable condition, plus a penalty in the amount of the merchandise's value or $150, whichever is greater.

Delaware Shoplifting Charges: Penalties and Defense | Criminal Law

You mention charges - your post is not real clear. Were you charged - do you have a lawyer? (per your previous posts it sounds like you might & sounds like maybe charged with misdemeanor). If so, ask all your questions to your lawyer. Are you saying you called the store & paid the cost of the items or paid civil demand? (not real clear - again talk to your lawyer if you have one)

You mention charges - your post is not real clear. Were you charged - do you have a lawyer? (per your previous posts it sounds like you might & sounds like maybe charged with misdemeanor). If so, ask all your questions to your lawyer. Are you saying you called the store & paid the cost of the items or paid civil demand? (not real clear - again talk to your lawyer if you have one)
Sorry if I was not so clear . I never dealt with such situations so words might not be correct. Yes I am charged with grade a misdemeanor and store gave me one paper and said I should pay that amount. I called the number on that paper and paid the amount given. I do have lawyer and I hope he help me get out of this mess . I wish I could change not sure what I was thinking .

hi
After looking at my background they said I can use mediator will that something I should go for it please advice.

Thanks
Neeraj

hi
After looking at my background they said I can use mediator will that something I should go for it please advice.

Thanks
Neeraj

I would certainly INVESTIGATE the proposed option.

It appears you've been offered a deferred or diversionary option for good people who are accused of doing a bad thing.

Good luck.

Going through a mediator may be an option that prevents you from having a criminal record. You can also use the fact that you alreasy paid their demand as an argument that the matter should be closed.

Thank you I spoke to mediator and they said other party also want to resolve this but they are putting probation for lifetime not to go to their store.i accepted that along with that 20 hours of community service . How do I get this out of my record I asked my lawyer as well .he said first complete this step and then there is another provision in place to get my record clean . If anyone know which are those provisions and share that information that will be helpful.

Thank you

That question is best answered by your attorney.
First you will have to complete whatever terms you agreed to. After that you will likely have to wait a certain period of time and maintain a clean record. Eventually you could go back and try to make it all disappear, but certainly not this soon.

That question is best answered by your attorney.
First you will have to complete whatever terms you agreed to. After that you will likely have to wait a certain period of time and maintain a clean record. Eventually you could go back and try to make it all disappear, but certainly not this soon.
Thank you

Back