help - regarding counterfiet straightening irons

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumblebeee

i am from the uk. i have received a letter from JMW solicitors from me listing GHD's on ebay & the listings having being removed, the letter states as i was selling more than 1 pair i had obviosly bought them to sell for a profit & as 1 of the feedback i received from a person who had a problem registering them so i asked the person to return them & i gave them a full refund. i did not know & still to this day if they were counterfiet. now this letter is saying because this feedback was left it identifies the GHD's to be fake, they want to know where i bought them, all my ebay & paypal details of dealings with any of the GHD's and any other details regarding them, they said if i do not supply this information within 7 days along with the letter signed & £350 for legal fees & a settlement figure then i my name will be passed on for proceedings in the future.

i am really worried about this, i do not have £350 to send them in a week, please has anyone give me some advise who have been in this situation.

thanks

I can't tell you for certain what the situation is and what I am saying is general knowledge, IMHO. Collection agencies and the lawyers that work with/for or are such craft letters designed to scare you into easy submission. I would highly doubt that this group of solicitors will come after you due to 1 single item being sold on ebay that has been possibly identified to be counterfeit even though they say they will. Your best bet right now is to say nothing until you know how to proceed. Have you any other listings on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back