Help please

Rporter760

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Defax was called on myself and my babymother. The allegations where about drugs and we were asked to take urine and hair tests. I passed my urine test and failed my hairand my spouse failed both wat rights do we have being as i passed the urine so was clean then and there reguardless of wat the hair test proves about wat ive done in the past?

Defax was called on myself and my babymother. The allegations where about drugs and we were asked to take urine and hair tests. I passed my urine test and failed my hairand my spouse failed both wat rights do we have being as i passed the urine so was clean then and there reguardless of wat the hair test proves about wat ive done in the past?

You didn't have to agree to take the tests.

You have the right to remain silent, and that applies to child services.

Had you refused their requests, you'd have forced them to let it go, or take it to court.

If it goes to court, you and the woman each get a public defender to protect your rights.

Each child would also get his/her lawyer, too.

You can choose to tell child services go away, you no longer wish to comply.

What happens if you do that, I've told you above.

It's always better to not get involved with any government agency, but if that can't be helped, ALWAYS politely say, "I invoke. I want a lawyer, and will use my RIGHT to remain silent!"

Now, if drugs are an issue, check yourselves VOLUNTARILY into inpatient rehab, leave your kids with a trusted adult, and get well.

Drug abuse destroys your finances, your health, your family, and eventually steals your life.

I agree with most of yur advice but i have been a thc user for many yrs b4 my child and remained the same since his birth but yet my son has never done without or been neglected in any way, no female that i know of could be a better mother then his mom reguardless of wat we choose to do in our spare time

Amazing that you would think it's ok to do drugs around a baby. That even in the so called "Spare Time" you should be allowed to do whatever you wish. A parent is a 24/7 job to a young child so you don't have spare time. They were right in taking the child away. Now if you two continue to do drugs this child will grow up in someone else house.

You should have said no to the tests and got a lawyer.

You didn't pass a test - you failed the follicle test.

No doing drugs when you have children is wrong even if it's marijuana. When you have kids that's your priority. I guess if you love marijuana more keep doing that and your kids can go somewhere that people make them the priority. Doing drugs of any kind is going to get you in trouble so is a little weed really worth your kids being taken away?

Regardless of the result of the drug test there would almost certainly have to be other circumstances that justified removal of a child. Your use of marijuana is not likely the only factor.

My child has not been taken away and i did not ask for opinions on my parenting i simply asked by law wat ground did they have to take my child you ppl dnt know me from adam or have ne idea wat kind of relationship i have with my child or where he falls in my priorities..... those with helpful on target responses thank you.... those who answered nothing about my question save the lecture for someone else .... may god bless you all

My child has not been taken away and i did not ask for opinions on my parenting i simply asked by law wat ground did they have to take my child you ppl dnt know me from adam or have ne idea wat kind of relationship i have with my child or where he falls in my priorities..... those with helpful on target responses thank you.... those who answered nothing about my question save the lecture for someone else .... may god bless you all

Then don't come on public forums - you get what you get. They very well could take your kid just keep that in mind as you continue to get high.

My response is essentially the same. They are unlikely to take a child simply because you test positive for marijuana.
Absent a court order, your cooperation with their requests is voluntary.

Back