Help!!! Oct 15, lein on home..

Status
Not open for further replies.

torzy123

A new Solar power hot water heater was installed in my home to cut down on my elec bill.The manager of the company came to see if it was installed properly because there was some issues. At that time he was informed that my attic installation was very thin. Since I am on social security he wanted to help me out so he decided to throw in FREE installlation too. I would never had bought this on my own do to my low income.
I got a letter from the installation company today stating that the company that ordered the installation has not paid the bill and that the installation company wants me to pay it. I told them that the installation was Free and I did not sign anything with their company ordering this installation and to get the money from the other company.
They said that the other company wont pay and that I am liable for this bill since it is my home and I am the homeowner. I called the solar company and they said not to worry about it because it is free, as they said, and I dont have to pay that bill and that the installation company cant make me pay since I didnt sign any contract with them.
The installation comp has given me until the 15th of October to pay this bill or they said they will put a lein on my home. What do I do? Can they do this? I am so much in need of some legal advice. Thank you
I do have a paper from the solar company listing what I am to get ( size of hot water heater,, duct fan ,,, duct sealing,, and installation ) it has no signature on it.. it is just a list.)

A new Solar power hot water heater was installed in my home to cut down on my elec bill.The manager of the company came to see if it was installed properly because there was some issues. At that time he was informed that my attic installation was very thin. Since I am on social security he wanted to help me out so he decided to throw in FREE installlation too. I would never had bought this on my own do to my low income.
I got a letter from the installation company today stating that the company that ordered the installation has not paid the bill and that the installation company wants me to pay it. I told them that the installation was Free and I did not sign anything with their company ordering this installation and to get the money from the other company.
They said that the other company wont pay and that I am liable for this bill since it is my home and I am the homeowner. I called the solar company and they said not to worry about it because it is free, as they said, and I dont have to pay that bill and that the installation company cant make me pay since I didnt sign any contract with them.
The installation comp has given me until the 15th of October to pay this bill or they said they will put a lein on my home. What do I do? Can they do this? I am so much in need of some legal advice. Thank you
I do have a paper from the solar company listing what I am to get ( size of hot water heater,, duct fan ,,, duct sealing,, and installation ) it has no signature on it.. it is just a list.)

No need to worry about that lien.

They are merely trying to scare you.

Do not be afraid.

They could place a lien against your home.

They can't foreclose on your home.

They can't evict you.

I suggest you contact a local tv station or newspaper.

Tell them about this scam.

They'll investigate this for you and your worries will be gone.

They'll also warn others about this apparent scam and con game to cheat senior citizens.

If there is a senior advocacy group in your area, contact them about this.

One final word about scam artists and their silly cons.

Don't buy anything from telephone marketers or door to door salespeople.

This is what often happens in the majority of those contacts.

Thank you for your response. I will do what you advized. I appreciate your help.
You say not to worry but putting a lein on my home is not a good thing. I dont want a lein on my home. I want them to pay the bill. If a lein is put on my home then it will be on my records. I want this company to pay without hurting me in any way. I will contact the TV station. Thank you

Thank you for your response. I will do what you advized. I appreciate your help.
You say not to worry but putting a lein on my home is not a good thing. I dont want a lein on my home. I want them to pay the bill. If a lein is put on my home then it will be on my records. I want this company to pay without hurting me in any way. I will contact the TV station. Thank you

People lie, deceive, cheat, and steal every day.
We don't always get what we want.

Be advised, these crooks probably scammed you.
In the end, what you don't want could still occur.

You might even need to hire a lawyer.

All I can do is offer you some tips and strategies.

They might not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back