Help!! NJ to California to NC law

C

Cindy9876

Jurisdiction
California
Hello,

My sister lived in NJ with her boyfriend about 4 years ago. She gave birth to her daughter in NJ who is now 3 years old. They moved to California almost 2 years ago. They both do not want to be in the relationship and she wants to move back to her parents in NC. She is a stay at home mom and he financially provides. Besides being the caregiver of her daughter she is going to school online but was originally going physically to college in NC. He recently told her she cant take their daughter to live to NC. Does she have to stay in CA? Can she go back to NC without needing a court order? If he files for joint custody does she have to move back to CA? Please help

An unmarried Maleah's ZERO parental rights absent a DNA test and court orders.

She can take HER child anywhere she wishes.

Hello,

My sister lived in NJ with her boyfriend about 4 years ago. She gave birth to her daughter in NJ who is now 3 years old. They moved to California almost 2 years ago. They both do not want to be in the relationship and she wants to move back to her parents in NC. She is a stay at home mom and he financially provides. Besides being the caregiver of her daughter she is going to school online but was originally going physically to college in NC. He recently told her she cant take their daughter to live to NC. Does she have to stay in CA? Can she go back to NC without needing a court order? If he files for joint custody does she have to move back to CA? Please help

She can do whatever he wants until he files to establish his paternity and visitation. But then he gets a child support order too but he's already paying so that's not a big deal. If he wants her to stay, he's gonna have to take your sister to court. But I wouldn't let him know that. Let him figure it out on his own.

If they're no longer together she can just block him on everything and not talk to him. Then move.

Back