Help:need a court record to obtain my visa B1/B2

Guichaoua

Jurisdiction
Georgia
Dear all,

I am French and work actually in the city of Paris.
I need a Visa B1/B2 for tourism and business in USA.

However, I absolutely need a copy of a court record. Indeed, when I was a student in New York City, I visited a friend in the city of Atlanta. I have been arrested in Atlanta in November/December 2001, just a few hours (I don't remember exactly the date).It was in a night club for physical obstructions with the bouncer. I have been judged for that in Atlanta but I have no copy of the document. I know, it is a youth error, but now I am an adult with a family and I love USA!

I was this morning in the US consulate, and they absolutely need the a copy of judgement record per scan.

Are you able to help me?

I have no documents about what happen, only a copy of my passport.

Is it possible to find something with my last name and surname?
I know I am registred because I have been arrested in the airport of Miami but each time I a not really able to explain exactly what happen, because I don'y have any court record.

Thank you very much in advance for your help :)

Kind regards,

Jean-Sébastien

Is it possible to find something with my last name and surname?

Yes.

Atlanta is comprised of two counties: Fulton and DeKalb. Start with the county courts websites and run a search for your name.

Smart Search - Fulton County Magistrate, State, and Superior Court Record Search

Smart Search - DeKalb County - Judicial Information System

If you find your record you'll have to call the court to arrange to get copies sent to you.

If you don't find your name, call the courts and see if they can help you with a manual search.

Hi.I am in contact with a lawyer from Atlanta. Unfortunately he wrote me he found no copy of the judgement in Fulton County. It was the most logical county because the event (my youth mistake in november/december 2001) took place in a the night club Eleven50 whose the adress is:
1150 B Peachtree St
Atlanta, GA 30309
This night club is only 1.8 miles far from Fulton County. DeKalb is 6.8 miles from the night club.
I am a little bit lost because I absolutely need a copy of the judgement. What is the best solution: to continue with a lawyer or find a private detective? Ask to DelKab County? I know the situation is complicated actually in USA and in France also with virus, but I want to be ready when your country will be open to the Europeans. Many thanks in advance if you can propose me any solutions, and be safe.

Since you don't know for sure which court is involved it would be best to check all of the surrounding counties. Many courts are closed for a while now.

A PI would certainly be cheaper than hiring an attorney. Did you ask the attorney you've been in contact with already?

It is extremely doubtful that the USA will be allowing any immigration this year.

This current incident has caused the eyes of our betters to be opened, and we will be doing LESS business abroad, insofar as having goods made externally for US consumption.

It would appear that sentiment is slowly catching on in many civilized nations.

I suggest you make plans for yourself where you are today.

International travel has all but ended, and US immigration has been halted.

Since you don't know for sure which court is involved it would be best to check all of the surrounding counties. Many courts are closed for a while now.

A PI would certainly be cheaper than hiring an attorney. Did you ask the attorney you've been in contact with already?
Thank you for your reply. I have to check with DeKalb County.I think this is the best solution! I am waiting for an answer of the attorney.

It is extremely doubtful that the USA will be allowing any immigration this year.

This current incident has caused the eyes of our betters to be opened, and we will be doing LESS business abroad, insofar as having goods made externally for US consumption.

It would appear that sentiment is slowly catching on in many civilized nations.

I suggest you make plans for yourself where you are today.

International travel has all but ended, and US immigration has been halted.
Hello.I know the immigration is closed especially with the virus.But when i will be open (I hope this year), I have to be ready. I just need to go in USA 2 weeks maximum per year to visit different shows for business, and for tourism with my family beacause I love the country

[QUOTE = "Guichaoua, post: 304151, membre: 128323"] Merci pour votre réponse. Je dois vérifier auprès du comté de DeKalb, je pense que c'est la meilleure solution! J'attends une réponse de l'avocat. [/ DEVIS]
Oe question: what does mean IP, please?

You might also want that Atlanta attorney to check the municipal courts.

Last edited:
Back