Assault & Battery Help my husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

horrorbud

My husband was arrested for aggravated assault ,for hitting me, the police came and he is now in jail, I DO NOT WANT TO PRESS CHARGES, How can I help my husband get out of jail?

You cant he hit you! You need to seek therapy and family counseling if you intend to stay with this abusive man. If you want to help him hire him a Lawyer

This happens all the time wher the abused refuses to press charges. It wont matter they likely have pistures of your injuries, a Doctors report as well as your statements at time. They might even have a confession by him. It isnt going to matter. Unless you want to be Nicole Simpson. I strongly suggest you seek help for yourself and family

We have been married for 13 years and this is the first time something like this has ever happened. Also there was alcohol involved, there is no doctors report , yes pictures, and a police report I don't even remember talking to the police.

Like I said this isnt going to matter. They have enough to file charges and win. Regardless of my opinion of how wrong you are if you want help hire him a Lawyer. The time of your marriage matters little once the first beating happens the second is much easier. Its time to get out or get help

In many states like mine, the state presses charges. You may not have a choice. So your husband needs an attorney and let this work its way through the legal system.

We have been married for 13 years and this is the first time something like this has ever happened. Also there was alcohol involved, there is no doctors report , yes pictures, and a police report I don't even remember talking to the police.
Some 3/4 of DV victims recant within 48 hours ... about 85% by the time of trial. The DA will be expecting your recalcitrance.

Depending on the laws in your state, and the stones of the DA assigned to your case, they may go forward even if you do not want to help out. They will issue you a subpoena to come testify at trial. If you fail to show, you coul dbe arrested and compelled to show. If you refuse to testify when directed by the court, you could be jailed for contempt of court. If you lie and deny anything, you coul dbe arrested for perjury or making a false police report.

So, are you willing to go to jail for a guy who is not likely to make the same offer to you? I suspect he would be happy for you to go to jail on his behalf. If he wants to protect you from such a horror because of what HE did, he'd man up and make a deal with the prosecution. If, instead, he's encouraging you to lie or avoid legal process, then your guy is scum.

- Carl

It's likely they may issue an order for your husband, once out of jail on bond, to go nowhere near you or your home. In a sense, they file a restraining order for you.

However, if you contact the prosecutor and let them know you don't want to go forward with charges, etc., they will be more likely to offer a plea bargain.

Your husband should probably hire a lawyer.

You must hire a personal criminal lawyer. Criminal lawyer study the case properly and find the right way which will give relief to you and your husband.

There is no way around this. If you don't want to press charges, the city will. If the city doesn't, then the county will. If the county doesn't, then the state will. The best way to get him out of jail is to post bail. I'm sorry you are going through this, but if you didn't want him to go to jail, you should have made sure that no one called the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back