Help me to deal with this dealership please!!!!

Phuong

Jurisdiction
Texas
Good morning, Redditers

I have couple questions about law or customer rights.

Here is the story:

I recently bought a new Lamborghini Hurracan since May ( dealer still did not finish the car yet )

I was paid for wrapping for the car plus some accents color and other add on.

However, the dealership want me to paid extra for finish the car wrap ( which is accented color on the car ). The dealer did not tell me on that to pay extra if doing that. But I think I did paid extra 890$ for that included in the add on below ( images will be attached). Salesmen will do caliber for me for no extra charge according to our deal. But today, they want another 3,000 for that caliber color change. ( they did not even tell me that will cost that much at the sign up for the car )

It is not about amount i have to pay , it is feeling I got stab on the back from the dealership.

Here is my questions, please help me in any way since my English and Knowledge on Customer rights are limited.

1. Do I need to pay extra on that wrap to finish my car?

2. Can dealer charge me with out my consent?

3. What can i do to pursuit the law suit if I can ?

4. If you have any suggestions please help me.

Thank you, and HAPPY JULY 4th
IrbSunf

1. Do I need to pay extra on that wrap to finish my car?

2. Can dealer charge me with out my consent?

3. What can i do to pursuit the law suit if I can ?

4. If you have any suggestions please help me.
IrbSunf

Thus is not reddit. We are not Redditers.

I could not view the image.

1. Check your documentation. What does your agreement, itemized receipt, etc., say?
2. See 1.
3. To pursue a lawsuit, you need to retain a lawyer. Have an initial consult with a lawyer. Or 3 different lawyers. Before pursuing a lawsuit, the lawyer might suggest sending a demand letter. While you can write a demand letter yourself, a lawyer (hopefully) would write a more effective letter.
4. A professional wrap can cost as much as a paint job. If, along the way, you have changed your mind about the design of the wrap, or you wanted something other than the most basic wrap, you might be charged for replacement materials. If the wrap you chose requires more labor than usual, you might be charged extra for labor.

Caveat: my knowledge of wraps is limited. The costs I've seen people mention, for fairly basic wraps on much more modestly priced vehicles, are in line with what you have quoted. It is not surprising that color changing or other details would cost more than, say, a monochromatic wrap that someone is putting on their "new" preowned family car (practical, no fun frills), so that they have some hope of finding it in a parking lot.

Thus is not reddit. We are not Redditers.

I could not view the image.

1. Check your documentation. What does your agreement, itemized receipt, etc., say?
2. See 1.
3. To pursue a lawsuit, you need to retain a lawyer. Have an initial consult with a lawyer. Or 3 different lawyers. Before pursuing a lawsuit, the lawyer might suggest sending a demand letter. While you can write a demand letter yourself, a lawyer (hopefully) would write a more effective letter.
4. A professional wrap can cost as much as a paint job. If, along the way, you have changed your mind about the design of the wrap, or you wanted something other than the most basic wrap, you might be charged for replacement materials. If the wrap you chose requires more labor than usual, you might be charged extra for labor.

Caveat: my knowledge of wraps is limited. The costs I've seen people mention, for fairly basic wraps on much more modestly priced vehicles, are in line with what you have quoted. It is not surprising that color changing or other details would cost more than, say, a monochromatic wrap that someone is putting on their "new" preowned family car (practical, no fun frills), so that they have some hope of finding it in a parking lot.
Thank for reply:
This is what i paid for wrapping, the dealer did not disclose any additional cost if there is extra. Because since the beginning we go through how the wrap gonna to be and they charge for that amount. I input the image here again. Please take a look.
Can you point me what kind of lawyer do i need to look for ?
Thank you.

Attachments

• 086F752D-C3F7-48B4-863E-58FA4A934B87.jpeg
    086F752D-C3F7-48B4-863E-58FA4A934B87.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 8
  • A9FD8C20-0E7A-488F-A9CA-BB64811AA028.jpeg
    A9FD8C20-0E7A-488F-A9CA-BB64811AA028.jpeg
    561.4 KB · Views: 7
  • B7833052-CF48-4D34-BE79-FBE25A2FD5AD.jpeg
    B7833052-CF48-4D34-BE79-FBE25A2FD5AD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • A9DF385B-FD13-4DFC-869F-70128D133349.jpeg
    A9DF385B-FD13-4DFC-869F-70128D133349.jpeg
    634.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 6DEABDF1-16A2-46E9-A983-46B57438A078.jpeg
    6DEABDF1-16A2-46E9-A983-46B57438A078.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
If you can afford to purchase a Lamborghini, you can afford to retain a lawyer to assist you with your legal concerns.

I suggest you retain legal counsel to assist you with your legal dilemmas.
Thank , I will , but i did not know what kind of lawyers I have to go with. So i came here to seek for some advice first. Thank you again.

Thank for reply:
This is what i paid for wrapping, the dealer did not disclose any additional cost if there is extra. Because since the beginning we go through how the wrap gonna to be and they charge for that amount. I input the image here again. Please take a look.
Can you point me what kind of lawyer do i need to look for ?
Thank you.

So... you want a gold metallic wrap? My understanding is that's more expensive for the materials (as communicated by the dealer), and it's more difficult to apply competently.

Your issue is "civil litigation".

Personally, if I were spending my money on a Lamborgini, I would want to make sure I had good relationship(s) with those who I might depend upon in the future for services for my vehicle. So, were I considering litigation, I would weigh whether the issue was egregious enough to be worth the animosity generated by legal action.

So... you want a gold metallic wrap? My understanding is that's more expensive for the materials (as communicated by the dealer), and it's more difficult to apply competently.

Your issue is "civil litigation".

Personally, if I were spending my money on a Lamborgini, I would want to make sure I had good relationship(s) with those who I might depend upon in the future for services for my vehicle. So, were I considering litigation, I would weigh whether the issue was egregious enough to be worth the animosity generated by legal action.
So are they have the right to jack up price as they want ?
Because we were agreed on both site for all the materials before the car was arrived to the dealership.
I am not asking about the money I have to pay, but my right as customer. All the paperwork there and they just rises up the cost with out telling me.

So are they have the right to jack up price as they want ?
Because we were agreed on both site for all the materials before the car was arrived to the dealership.
I am not asking about the money I have to pay, but my right as customer. All the paperwork there and they just rises up the cost with out telling me.

Feel free to consult an attorney who specializes in civil litigation.

However, I suspect that you will find in the "small print" of the paperwork you signed that dealership retained the right to bill you extra for any changes from the "standard options".

You are being "penny wise, pound foolish" - you are quibbling about the cost of a wrap on a NEW Lamborgini, hoping for a free solution from strangers on the internet, unwilling to even google "how to sue a car dealership" or "how to resolve a dispute with a car dealership".

How old are you?! Is this your first time buying a car in the US?!

Good morning, Redditers

Huh?

I recently bought a new Lamborghini Hurracan since May ( dealer still did not finish the car yet )

Did not finish doing what to the car?

I was paid for wrapping for the car plus some accents color and other add on.

Like gift wrapping?

As for your questions, one would need to review the contract you signed with the dealer and other associated documents.

Like gift wrapping?

I think it's pretty obvious that they're referring to car wraps. Vinyl wraps - and the issue is that the custom details (metallic) cost more than the standard package. Invoices and text message exchange were included in the thread.

Thank for all your answers,
Because I am currently at my home country, they is why the dealer and wrap guys try to squeeze me.
I called the dealer general manager and cooperated operation manager.
They admitted, the wrap person, who could not go directly to me for asking more money before the dealer was noticed.
They will pay fully any extra cost as inconvenience.
By the way when I chose the materials before signed any paper. That was cost the dealer gave me for wrapping my car.
Thank you again.
I will post my car when it will be done . If any one care to take a look. Cheer..

Back