Help Im 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimorto

Hello Im 16 Years old, I have an alcoholic Mother, and a Father who is in jail. I wish to go live with my grandparents, but they neither have the money to go to court to fight for me, or will they do it fearing my mother will win and not allow me to see them. I can't drive yet and My mother remarried a long time ago, and my new step-dad is Terrible, I lived with him 6 years and ended up going to a psychiatrist about him and other reasons. My mother is totally one sided and I cant move out legally till im 18 or my dad gets out of jail I cant put up with it much more. I fear Im going to run away, commit suicide or murder my stepfather. Ive tried everything I can, even as I write to you, My mother is Drunk, my step-dad is over (they were going to get a divorce and he moved out last october.) I need any help you can give on what I can do or laws I can do to fight my own battle. Please anyone help me.

I live in Georgia!!

you are right, you should not do this alone. What you should do is go to a family counseling agency or service and have someone explain all the possibilities, legal questions etc. In most cities there should be some of these agencies who will counsel for free, some are city run, some are church run, some by other charities. Have a look on the net, in your library or in the phone book for it and try it. If you have the feeling they don't take you serious, try another. May be at some point your grandparents might join you.Your schoolteacher or school counselor might also know where to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back