Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial Held without bail/bond hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queendust007

Hello,

My best friend was charged with felony assault on Jan, 01 2015. He has been held in the county jail ever since he was arraigned in the town court Jan, 03 2015. I was told that because of the holiday there was a delay in arraignment because they were looking for a judge to come in and do it on a weekend. However my issue is not with the delay of arraignment. The issue that I am seeking answers to is a bail/bond hearing. My friend was looking forward to getting a bail or bond set so that he could return to his family while the legal system ran its course with his case. The town court judge said that he could not decide on the issue of bail/bond because, that was not within his jurisdiction as my friend was charged with a felony and, the town court does not deal with felonies after initial arraignment. So my friend was sent to Supreme Court to be officially charged with a felony. He has not been given a bail/bond hearing yet and it has been almost 4 months. Furthermore he has not even been given a future court appearance date in Supreme Court. So my questions are: How long can he be held legally without a bail/bond hearing? Doesn't the court have to give him another appearance date? What can he do to get a bail/bond hearing? I've seen multiple murderers get bail, my friend was only involved in a drunk mans fight outside of a bar on New Years Eve. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. This is taking place in Clinton County Plattsburgh, New York.

Hello,

My best friend was charged with felony assault on Jan, 01 2015. He has been held in the county jail ever since he was arraigned in the town court Jan, 03 2015. I was told that because of the holiday there was a delay in arraignment because they were looking for a judge to come in and do it on a weekend. However my issue is not with the delay of arraignment. The issue that I am seeking answers to is a bail/bond hearing. My friend was looking forward to getting a bail or bond set so that he could return to his family while the legal system ran its course with his case. The town court judge said that he could not decide on the issue of bail/bond because, that was not within his jurisdiction as my friend was charged with a felony and, the town court does not deal with felonies after initial arraignment. So my friend was sent to Supreme Court to be officially charged with a felony. He has not been given a bail/bond hearing yet and it has been almost 4 months. Furthermore he has not even been given a future court appearance date in Supreme Court. So my questions are: How long can he be held legally without a bail/bond hearing? Doesn't the court have to give him another appearance date? What can he do to get a bail/bond hearing? I've seen multiple murderers get bail, my friend was only involved in a drunk mans fight outside of a bar on New Years Eve. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. This is taking place in Clinton County Plattsburgh, New York.

Your friend could have caught other cases while he was in confinement. He may have had several outstanding warrants, could have been on probation or parole, or maybe he isn't in the country legally, or there could be many other things you don't know about your pal.

Here you go, OP, u=[you can search your buddy's name and see exactly why he seems to be held incommunicado:

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=33004

Yeah he's my best friend so I know everything about him and there are no other charges, warrants, parole and he's a citizen, but thanks.

Is there is anyone out there that can help other than saying he needs to speak to his lawyer or he may have other legal problems? If his court appointed lawyer was of any assistance to him I wouldn't be posting here to find some help. He has no other charges, he's not on parole, he is a legal US citizen, and has a very limited criminal record from over 20 years ago.

Is there is anyone out there that can help other than saying he needs to speak to his lawyer or he may have other legal problems? If his court appointed lawyer was of any assistance to him I wouldn't be posting here to find some help. He has no other charges, he's not on parole, he is a legal US citizen, and has a very limited criminal record from over 20 years ago.

Okay, nothing we can do EXCEPT suggest ONCE MORE he work with his lawyer, hire a new lawyer, or he's being held on what we call in Texas a blue warrant, NY might call it a parole or probation hold. If that's the case, all best are off. I'm closing this thread, we are done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back