Heart attack caused insured to crashed into my parked car and later died. What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

autowreak

Someone crashed into my parked car as a result from a heart attack and died. Now their insurance company refuses to pay up because the said it was a medical emergency, therefore the insured wasn't negligent, hence not liable for damages. I got the family's permission to access the deceased medical history, and informed me he probably had a heart condition. The damages are about 3,000, and I don't think any lawyers will get in on this, although I haven't called any yet. Advice?

one more question, I understand that if you have a medical emergency and get into an accident, you can claim this and not be liable for the damages. However, if you die, can the insurance claim it was a medical emergency on your behalf?

Your situation is far too complex for a personal answer on this forum.

Take some time and discuss this with a couple lawyers.

The initial meeting is usually free.

After you have answers, you will know better what your options are.

You might want to discuss this with your insurance company.

They might have something helpful to tell you.

It appears that you are in California but I would most DEFINITELY suggest from my experience to contact a Personal Injury Attorney in you area. Of course the insurance comapany is going to tell you that! Even if the person died they still had insurance coverage and property damadge hopefully on the vehicle and of not...hopefully your insurance will cover the damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back