Consumer Fraud Health Spa in question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesnite

2 weeks ago my wife went to this legit' health spa for massage/manicure/pedicure etc etc. A week later she asked me if i had gone there as well because we were charged $25 to our account ( a basic entrance fee). I had not been there. Here is the kicker- when she went 2 weeks ago she used a credit card. The $25 the following week was charged to our BANK ACCOUNT. This is very disturbing to say the least. We did contact the bank and had it reversed. I have called the Spa 4 times now for answers. Each time they have said they would call back. Which they HAVEN'T. I called today and told them that if we do not get to the bottom of this aSAP that i would take legal steps. What exactly do i do in this situation?? What are my rights in handling this matter? The last call i made to them i said it would be the LAST time id call. If the manager didnt get back to me TODAY i would go to the police.

An update to this : I finally got a call from the manager at this establishment.Manager 'John' seemed to be very rude and defensive. That of course doesn't prove guilt or innocence at this time but disturbing none the less. He stated that he has no record of any transactions on involving our bank debit card . MY bank records DISAGREE. May 10th we were charged for services / May 12th we had it reversed. I was reading online reviews of this place. Apparently there was someone who recently had claimed jewelry was stolen from their issued (and LOCKED) locker.

You had the charges reversed.
You have no losses at this point.
If it happens again (I doubt it will), you might have a fraud complaint.
I doubt that it will.

If you wish, you could consider doing nothing, or write a letter as outlined below.

I'd send them a letter telling that to cease and desist in charging any additional amounts to your accounts.

I'd advise them that you and your wife will refuse to patronize their establishment in the future.

Therefore, you look foward to receiving no more charges from their spa on any of your accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back