He ran a away with her and bought her back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

siobhan22

I opened a custody case in Placer County on August 2,2013. One month after my ex left with my daughter and never returned. My ex then proceeded to convince me that we didn't need to go through the courts and that we could work it out ourselves. I made plans to go visit my daughter in mid September for the weekend. Still believing that we were going to do this ourselves. The day before I was supposed to arrive I got a phone call from a laywer stating that he was filing a restraining order and for full custody in Orange County which is 8 hours away from where I live. The hearing was set for the following day at 1:30pm. I somehow made it to the hearimg, his temporary restraining order and temporary full custody order were denied. He promised me he would spilt 50/50 and that we would close the case in Orange County at the next hear which was set for October 4th, 2013. After the hearing I was supposed to bring her home and keep her for a week and after that week do 2 week rotations. 2 days before the hearing he fell off the face of the planet and I knew he was up to no good. When I arrived to the courthouse on the 4th I was set up by him and his family. They were watching for me and had people in place so they would know in advance when I was walking down the hallway. He waa hiding in the bathroom fearful I was going to serve him. His new lawyer approached me with a substitute of attorney form, and a custody petition that was filed that morning in Orange County. They were banking in the fact that I hadn't served him and I didn't know his address. I was allowed to serve his lawyer in the courtroom and the judge in Orange County wanted to speak with a judge in Placer County to see where the hearing should take place. I recieved another petition in the mail the other day that was not certified mail and only contained the petition and did not include a response papers. He is seeking full Custody and offering one day a month visitation for 8 hours. I have gone over and beyond trying to work with him even after everything that he has done. I've only gotten to see my daughter a grand total of 3 days in 3 1/2 months. I don't have money to hire a lawyer but I'm terrified he is going to win this... what should I do?

I opened a custody case in Placer County on August 2,2013. One month after my ex left with my daughter and never returned. My ex then proceeded to convince me that we didn't need to go through the courts and that we could work it out ourselves. I made plans to go visit my daughter in mid September for the weekend. Still believing that we were going to do this ourselves. The day before I was supposed to arrive I got a phone call from a laywer stating that he was filing a restraining order and for full custody in Orange County which is 8 hours away from where I live. The hearing was set for the following day at 1:30pm. I somehow made it to the hearimg, his temporary restraining order and temporary full custody order were denied. He promised me he would spilt 50/50 and that we would close the case in Orange County at the next hear which was set for October 4th, 2013. After the hearing I was supposed to bring her home and keep her for a week and after that week do 2 week rotations. 2 days before the hearing he fell off the face of the planet and I knew he was up to no good. When I arrived to the courthouse on the 4th I was set up by him and his family. They were watching for me and had people in place so they would know in advance when I was walking down the hallway. He waa hiding in the bathroom fearful I was going to serve him. His new lawyer approached me with a substitute of attorney form, and a custody petition that was filed that morning in Orange County. They were banking in the fact that I hadn't served him and I didn't know his address. I was allowed to serve his lawyer in the courtroom and the judge in Orange County wanted to speak with a judge in Placer County to see where the hearing should take place. I recieved another petition in the mail the other day that was not certified mail and only contained the petition and did not include a response papers. He is seeking full Custody and offering one day a month visitation for 8 hours. I have gone over and beyond trying to work with him even after everything that he has done. I've only gotten to see my daughter a grand total of 3 days in 3 1/2 months. I don't have money to hire a lawyer but I'm terrified he is going to win this... what should I do?

If you can't afford a lawyer, you betcha he'll beat you!

Justice is available, as are all things, but it has a price.

I suggest you get the money to hire a lawyer, because you will never outlawyer a lawyer.

But, losing this time doesn't mean you can't prevail later.

You can always follow the process, take your medicine, and save your money.

Then, one day down the line, you can seek to have this reheard.

If you truly do not know where your child is consider contacting law enforcement and making a missing person report. Talk to them about laws regarding child concealment.

I opened a custody case in Placer County on August 2,2013. One month after my ex left with my daughter and never returned.
When you say this person is your "ex" do you mean an ex SPOUSE? Or, merely a sexual partner who got you pregnant? There is a difference. If you were unmarried, has paternity been established through the courts? If no paternity has been established, it might be that you can get the court to grant you custody pending the outcome of such testing.

The best bet is to hire your own attorney to help you address this issue.

As for calling the police concerning child stealing, given that this matter already appears to be working its way through the courts, I strongly suspect that law enforcement will not act on this. But, you can call them and report that the father is withholding visitation and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back