Have not received paycheck & still employed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohio1980

My fiancé has worked for a company 2 1/2 years now and they are having some financial issues. To be specific the bank demanded their loan back from my fiancés company due to a different company filing bankruptcy that they did business with. Due to that any money that goes into any of my fiancés company's bank accounts is taken to pay off the debt that was demanded back early.

Therefore they cannot pay their employees, the last check he received was on 12/19/08 and they are paid on a bi-weekly basis. His company told him on 01/02/09 which was his pay date that they got payroll in late and would be paid the following Monday. On the following Monday his company told him the truth of what was going on & that their lawyers and trying to make an agreement with the bank. It seems they are not refusing to pay the employees, but just don't have the means to do so. So, he still goes into work and has yet to receive a paycheck and all his boss says to him is "We'll let you know when an agreement is reached". His boss has not discussed with his employees what their options are, etc.

So, my question here is what are his/our options? We have bills to pay and are going to get evicted if we don't pay Jan rent soon and of course have other bills due. Should we file some kind of suit, have him file for unemployment or is there a way to collect the money owed, etc?

Sincerely,
Desperate to receive paycheck & pay the bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back