Harrassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laterer

I work in a major school district and have for 14yrs. In the past 2 yrs a new Principal has started. From the day she started I have had several problems with her as follows and would like to know if I have a case to follow up on?

1. She told me (and I did) I had to take a course at our local college to "LEARN TO SPEAK PROPERLY"

2. She has several employees "watching me" they were informed to tell her if they smell smoke on me.

3. She has informed me I cannot sit with certain people at my lunch breaks and has told those employees "NOT TO TALK TO ME".

4. She speaks to me in a demeaning manner and the other employees witness this, but are afraid to speak out for fear of reprocussions.

thanx

Unless you have a valid reason to believe that she is treating you this way BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, pregnancy, or because you are over 40, then nothing you describe is illegal or gives you any kind of legal case.

I do think she has it in for me because of my "gender" , she has a problem dealing with women, and I am alos in a man's position,,,,also she tells people i am not paying attention to her when she knows I have a hearing Aid as I am deaf. SO i think and so do others at the workplace that it's a gender thing.

Then your recourse is to file a complaint of gender discrimination with the EEOC or your state discrimination board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back