Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Harrassing neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurisdiction
Texas
He's actually not a close neighbor, but rather person that lives on the same county road that we do. We have to pass his house everyday to get to ours. He used to work with my husband, but was fired because he attacked another employee, and it was all caught on video. Now for some reason, he thinks my husband had something to do with him getting fired (which is not true). He has been harassing us ever since. He has called the cops on several occasions saying my husband and son are speeding or driving recklessly . He has even called and said my husband tried to run him over, while he was at his mailbox.....which my husband said he didn't even see him outside.....so the guy obviously called in a lie. He has run out to the road waving his hands at all of us, and he has flashed his flashlights at us when we drive by. I have been keeping documentation on all of the incidents, but this has been going on for almost 2 years now. We need guidance on what to do. Please help!!

Be very careful as you all drive past his property each time, slow down and be aware. That's about all you can do. And ignore him otherwise!

We need guidance on what to do. Please help!!

You would be wise to avoid all quarrelsome, troublesome, or mentally deranged people.

If he attacks you, commits an act of violence upon your person, or damages your property; you should call 911 and seek the help of the county sheriff, or local police.

We have been trying to ignore him and keep to ourselves, but today he took a picture of my husband's work truck and called my husband's work to complain.... So my husband spoke to his boss and they called in Human Resources... It was recommend by the company that my husband file a complaint and possibly get a restraining order.... He has just become a nuisance.. and is interrupting our daily lives. What would this guy have to do for it to become a legal action?
Ignore him.
You aren't providing any information that suggests any kind of legal action is necessary.[/QU

We have been trying to ignore him and keep to ourselves, but today he took a picture of my husband's work truck and called my husband's work to complain.... So my husband spoke to his boss and they called in Human Resources... It was recommend by the company that my husband file a complaint and possibly get a restraining order.... He has just become a nuisance.. and is interrupting our daily lives. What would this guy have to do for it to become a legal action?

So, he takes a picture?
All the better for you when it proves you're doing him no harm.
Obey the rules and laws of the highways at all time, drive in a safe, professional manner.
Keep your eyes on the road, and look out for pedestrians and animals.

Ignore the idiot taking pictures of you obeying all laws and being a good citizen.

He could do many things to cause a criminal complaint to be filed against him.

As suggested, IGNORING him is far better for you and your family.

Do you believed a deranged, troubled, or quarrelsome person would obey a restraining order?

Don't delude yourself, as many others have would up dead because they relied on a pretty piece of legal paper to protect them from harm.

There are people who are uncivilized, quarrelsome, gruff, irresponsible, deranged, or too darn ignorant to behave as civilized human beings.

People of that ilk and/or disposition are best given a wide birth and avoided.

It is up to each of us to protect ourselves, and avoiding most people is the best way to do so.

Don't allow that idiot to make you and members of your family to appear to be idiots or childish by playing a game you'll never win.

Also forgot to mention that he swerved into my husband's lane while driving down the road and almost caused him to run off road... to me that is a threat on his life... Does this call for legal action?
Ignore him.
You aren't providing any information that suggests any kind of legal action is necessary.[/QUOTE

Also forgot to mention that he swerved into my husband's lane while driving down the road and almost caused him to run off road... to me that is a threat on his life... Does this call for legal action?

You're bound to find trouble, aren't you?

Put one of the many on-board video cameras in all of your vehicles.

That way you'll have some proof IF IT ever acts up in the future.

Well, I have a folder full of incidents he has done, I just didn't list them all. My husband actually bought a dash cam today. So we are going that route. Thank you, and if you have any other advice, I'm all ears. We are just tired of worrying about it.
You're bound to find trouble, aren't you?

Put one of the many on-board video cameras in all of your vehicles.

That way you'll have some proof IF IT ever acts up in the future.

Well, I have a folder full of incidents he has done, I just didn't list them all. My husband actually bought a dash cam today. So we are going that route. Thank you, and if you have any other advice, I'm all ears. We are just tired of worrying about it.

It might be time to install a security system in your home.

If he's truly a loose cannon, better safe than sorry.
Home security systems are fairly cheap, and you can install them without hiring someone to do it for you.

A doorbell or other home based camera would also be a good idea.

Placing a dashcam in all your vehicles wouldn't be bad idea, either.

No one ever made a mistake by posting "NO TRESPASS" signs around their property, as long as you follow any local ordinances or laws in doing so.

Baseball bats, especially aluminum bats, are also an effective self protection mechanism.

I notice that is seems to be "no big deal" as far as the law and lawyers are concerned, for us to live with constant and unnecessary harassment. They say "ignore it", or "tape it", or "cameras". I find this very disturbing for a number of reasons. We ALL have the right to live in peace, yet when some nut job decides we need our lives turned upside down, we are basically left to figure out how to deal with it all. THANKS EVERYONE!!! It's so comforting to know that you all think living like this is "no big deal". I have a neighbor and her sister who harass me and others on our street. Cops won't do anything, City won't enforce their own ordinances, landlord is a jerk, and so on. I've come very close to losing it several times. I know when I can't handle things anymore I am uncontrollable and hurt people. Yes, I spend a lot of money I don't have on therapy, but it makes me extremely angry that I have to be doing it at all. I was fine before being harassed for no reason. I told the police that I could go off if they didn't step in too. OK, so if that ends up happening, I believe I should not be punished. I do not understand why the only way to get people to help, is to snap. Something is very wrong with our laws.
please stop posting to dead threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back