Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders harboring a teen, statutory rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonb

ok, my brother had helped a runaway teen to hide from her parents, he is 30 and she is 16.

they moved to a different state, and police kept on investigating, they came to my house and ask me questions a couple of times. I didn't say anything.
Now he has decided to stop all of this mess to send her home to talk to her parents and see if they will allow her to be emancipated.

now can her parents or the DA charge him with statutory rape? and how will they find out?, and even though he is in a different state?, and can I get in trouble for ommiting the truth?

thank you

You brother is committing a crime, and he cannot request her to be emancipated just so he can legally break the law. Emancipation requires that she be totally self supporting and it varies by state. Her parents would be crazy to allow it so she can take off with a 30 yr old.

highly doubtful she will get emancipated and he faces serious charges when he is finally tracked down. Kidnapping, sex. misc with a minor or statuatory rape are just a few.

thank you, so the best advice will be for him to get a lawyer right? and what time will he be facing if convicted?

I have no idea, I am not an attorney. Does he plan on turning himself in? He doesn't need an attorney unless he has been arrested or charged, or unless he wants to go speak to one to get some legal advice on what he should do.

Statutory rape? So not only was he harboring a runaway he was also having sex with her! Yes he should consult an Attorney because sooner or later he will be found out and his charges could land him in prison and he could face lifetime registration as sex offender. What state does he reside in and what state does minor reside in when not a runaway

ok, my brother had helped a runaway teen to hide from her parents, he is 30 and she is 16.

they moved to a different state, and police kept on investigating, they came to my house and ask me questions a couple of times. I didn't say anything.
Now he has decided to stop all of this mess to send her home to talk to her parents and see if they will allow her to be emancipated.

now can her parents or the DA charge him with statutory rape? and how will they find out?, and even though he is in a different state?, and can I get in trouble for ommiting the truth?

thank you
Good lord ... stat rape, contributing to delinquency, transporting across state line, and perhaps some manner of obstruction of custody or whatever his state has as a crime when you keep a child from their parent.

He needs to send her home and talk to a lawyer ASAP.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back