Harassment by ATV's for months (intoxicated individuals)

Cathairez

Jurisdiction
Alabama
So, I'm in need of advice with an issue that's been ongoing for five months.

This started back when the state of Alabama had the stay at home order and a local ATV park closed temporarily. The very day that happened I was forced to remove ATV riders from our land. They were riding any trail they could find down our dirt road, including the one to the cat shelter. That's one trail that's a big no-no.

They wouldn't leave, the county deputies wouldn't come, I eventually went out with my friends Smith and Wesson (only on my hip, never brandished, never threatened, as protection as I was unsure if they were armed themselves). They came back that day and had to be removed again.

They instead now ride by from sundown to 2-3am in the morning, screaming, cutting donuts in the road, filling our yard with garbage (sometimes dozens of beer cans). I installed 12 cameras, but their headlights blind the cameras, making identification by those means impossible at night. I've tried repositioning with no improvement, settings didn't help either. Several of the animals in my rescue have disappeared as well. We have been calling the county for months now, deputies never come,

I found out last night that not only is one of them the warrant server, but two (the two that bragged about being the drunkest to my uncle) are sheriff's deputies. This explains why no matter what we've said to the county pd in the past has worked to even get us a single patrol car.
Last night one had stopped near the edge of my property. I of course hear this and walk out on the porch to hear a female say "Oh God!" and her and another jumped back in the side by side and sped away. I don't know what they were up to, but they were near one of our sheds.

I tried calling the State Troopers once, back before I knew deputies ( intoxicated ones at that ) were involved. I don't know if it's worth doing again.

ATV are of course illegal on public roads in Alabama. I want them to not keep us up all night, stop screaming and harassing, throwing trash in our yard, etc, etc. I am unsure how to stop this. I am certain that the missing animals are something they were responsible for too, though I cannot prove it.

Sorry for anything that may not make sense, this is my third day of averaging less than an hour of sleep and I'm posting from work.

I don't know what to tell you. If you are in a podunk, good ole boy, Boss Hogg type of county, this is never going to stop until you get a big city attorney to file a lawsuit against the Sheriff's Department.

Try the state's attorney general instead of the state police.

So, I'm in need of advice with an issue that's been ongoing for five months.

This started back when the state of Alabama had the stay at home order and a local ATV park closed temporarily. The very day that happened I was forced to remove ATV riders from our land. They were riding any trail they could find down our dirt road, including the one to the cat shelter. That's one trail that's a big no-no.

They wouldn't leave, the county deputies wouldn't come, I eventually went out with my friends Smith and Wesson (only on my hip, never brandished, never threatened, as protection as I was unsure if they were armed themselves). They came back that day and had to be removed again.

They instead now ride by from sundown to 2-3am in the morning, screaming, cutting donuts in the road, filling our yard with garbage (sometimes dozens of beer cans). I installed 12 cameras, but their headlights blind the cameras, making identification by those means impossible at night. I've tried repositioning with no improvement, settings didn't help either. Several of the animals in my rescue have disappeared as well. We have been calling the county for months now, deputies never come,

I found out last night that not only is one of them the warrant server, but two (the two that bragged about being the drunkest to my uncle) are sheriff's deputies. This explains why no matter what we've said to the county pd in the past has worked to even get us a single patrol car.
Last night one had stopped near the edge of my property. I of course hear this and walk out on the porch to hear a female say "Oh God!" and her and another jumped back in the side by side and sped away. I don't know what they were up to, but they were near one of our sheds.

I tried calling the State Troopers once, back before I knew deputies ( intoxicated ones at that ) were involved. I don't know if it's worth doing again.

ATV are of course illegal on public roads in Alabama. I want them to not keep us up all night, stop screaming and harassing, throwing trash in our yard, etc, etc. I am unsure how to stop this. I am certain that the missing animals are something they were responsible for too, though I cannot prove it.

Sorry for anything that may not make sense, this is my third day of averaging less than an hour of sleep and I'm posting from work.

The first thing to do is post your property (especially where they enter) with No Trespassing signs. Those signs have to reference the Alabama criminal code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-7-4.

(a) A person is guilty of criminal trespass in the third degree when he knowingly enters or remains unlawfully in or upon premises.

(b) Criminal trespass in the third degree is a violation.
Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-7-4 | FindLaw

Those signs are available on the internet for the state of Alabama.

Then buy tire spikes and salt the trails with them.

https://www.wish.com/product/5bd2e0d1d2045320637880fb?from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=US&_force_currency_code=USD&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=5bd2e0d1d2045320637880fb&ad_cc=US&ad_lang=EN&ad_curr=USD&ad_price=4.00&fallback_cids=5d1e0d055a5c3f5b6aa3fb935bd422f0f2c4fc1a20475c27&campaign_id=10026599465&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxt7f7Zmi6wIVdIpaBR3zhghqEAQYAyABEgIabvD_BwE&hide_login_modal=true&share=web

Back