1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

hacker stole my money without finishing his duty

Discussion in 'Internet & Social Media Law' started by denesa, Dec 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denesa

denesa Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Other
    Hi!

I am a senior law student from Kosovo. My snapchat account was deleted (when you deactivate your snapchat account, snapchat deletes it within 30 days, but mine was deleted within 23 days). So, I found a hacker to get back my snapchat account. We made a deal for an amount of money. I sent the money (via gift card because thats how he asked), and then after sending the money he said that some problem occurred and that he needs to buy another bug that costed triple the money i sent. i did not accept because it was very expensive and he should have informed me for that in the beginning. He said that he can not proceed further without giving him that amount of money. I asked to give the money back and he is not responding now. The problem is that I only now his name, surname (which can probably be fake) and his email, and I also now that he is from the US because when i bought the gift card he asked for it to be for the US. How can i sue him for that?

2. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

You got scammed while trying to illegally access a computer system. I guess there's no honor among thieves.

3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Sorry, this site discusses US laws only.

You might want to contact Russian Federal Police or Kosovo Police.