Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Guilt by association in your home

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrified13

My husband uses marijuana recreationally and I do not. I have repeated asked him to not bring it into our home but he doesn't believe that anything will ever happen. My question is if for any reason he gets arrested for possession at our home will I be prosecuted as well because I live in the home?

My husband uses marijuana recreationally and I do not. I have repeated asked him to not bring it into our home but he doesn't believe that anything will ever happen. My question is if for any reason he gets arrested for possession at our home will I be prosecuted as well because I live in the home?

Possibly, and you can search the threads in this forum to see people that wound up in trouble because of an addict.

If I were faced with your quandary, I'd see a divorce lawyer.
Even if he ended up getting arrested and sentenced to prison, isn't that the same effect?
I mean, you'd be alone because an addict messed up himself, you, your family, and your home.
Ge out now, or eventually what you fear could come true.

COULD you be arrested? It's a possibility. Possession is a crime of dominion and control, not ownership. So, if you know about it and where it is, then you might also be charged with a crime. And, if you have any children, you and hubbie might also find yourself subject to child endangerment charges as well.

Furthermore, you are likely to test positive for MJ and suffer any consequences that brings including having your children if any taken away or being terminated if employed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back