guardianship of a unborn baby with both parents being incarcerated

Status
Not open for further replies.

OchoaAlva

To whom this may regards,

But I have an in law who will be going to prison by the time she is due to have her baby; also the father of the baby will be going to prison, as well.. My question is if she was going to give my husband and I full custody of the baby but didn't fill/file any legal documents in time, how can we go about in getting the baby once she delivers in prison?
Jail is making her give up the baby for adoption due the amount of prison time she is facing even though she would rather have family care the child. Our concern is not being able to fight for the baby because they are making her and the father sign over rights now before the baby is born.

If there's anything we can do, please feel free to give me a call back personally, by email, or mail; if possible. Hope to hear from someone/anyone soon.

Thank You,

deleted name, phone # & e-mail address-all replies will be posted in this thread. Betty3

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you & your husband get a lawyer - maybe you can apply for adoption of the child through the court system.

To whom this may regards,

But I have an in law who will be going to prison by the time she is due to have her baby; also the father of the baby will be going to prison, as well.. My question is if she was going to give my husband and I full custody of the baby but didn't fill/file any legal documents in time, how can we go about in getting the baby once she delivers in prison?
Jail is making her give up the baby for adoption due the amount of prison time she is facing even though she would rather have family care the child. Our concern is not being able to fight for the baby because they are making her and the father sign over rights now before the baby is born.

If there's anything we can do, please feel free to give me a call back personally, by email, or mail; if possible. Hope to hear from someone/anyone soon.

Thank You,

deleted name, phone # & e-mail address-all replies will be posted in this thread. Betty3

Let's slow down and back up a second.

The jail CANNOT force an adoption. The jail can't even force the issue of custody. They also CANNOT force the parents to "sign over rights".

It sounds like someone somewhere is not getting the right information.

You really require the services of an attorney. I suggest you retain one to investigate the matter and advise you accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back