guardianship laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmforever

I have had a friend of mines two children for 7 months now, she has not contributed anything, i have been financially responsible as well as everything else for her two kids over these 7 months. We were supposed to sign guardianship papers but she keeps putting it off, she only sees her kids maybe twice a month and doors nothing for them. Without those papers i am not able to get them into a doctor, switch schools, get assistance, get them the counseling they need, i cannot do the things for them that need to be done. At this point i have told her she has 30 days to come get her kids or DCS will be contacted to take over. I have grown attached to these boys and i love them and would hate to give them up but i don't know what else to do. i was told the guardianship papers would be $300 a child and i would have to pay for them which is fine but i guess what I'm wondering is if there is a different way to go about this.

You might want to report this to the authorities today, and not wait until tomorrow.
No, there are NO SHORTCUTS in obtaining guardianship.
Besides, if you had guardianship, what makes you think she'd contribute towards the support of her kids?
She won't. She's one of millions who dump kids like a garbage truck dumps garbage.
The authorities should be contacted, for the kids' protection and yours. This irresponsible female needs to be investigated and those kids need assistance you can't provide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back