Guardianship and Divorce

P

Polaris

Jurisdiction
Arkansas
If both grandparents have custody and legal guardianship and decide to get a divorce does child support come into play for my ex??

Possibly.

But a lot depends on why the grandparents have custody and legal guardianship and why neither you nor your ex are paying them child support.

Details count.

If both grandparents have custody and legal guardianship and decide to get a divorce does child support come into play for my ex??

Possibly, BOTH of you might be required to pay child support to someone, unless your parental rights were REVOKED; and the other parent still retains his/hers.

Then he/she might get stuck with support.

Possibly.

But a lot depends on why the grandparents have custody and legal guardianship and why neither you nor your ex are paying them child support.

Details count.
We have permanent custody due to parents drug addiction and child abuse none of the parents involved did what the courts asked of them, have had custody for 2 years, hope this helps

Possibly, BOTH of you might be required to pay child support to someone, unless your parental rights were REVOKED; and the other parent still retains his/hers.

Then he/she might get stuck with support.
My husband (grandfather) is leaving our house I don't make enough to financially care for all four children

My husband (grandfather) is leaving our house I don't make enough to financially care for all four children

I suggest you IMMEDIATELY report all of these very sad changes to child services, or social services.

Whatever you do, don't count on someone who is divorcing you to support his grandchildren.

So sad, so very sad.

God bless.

Back