Grandparents visitation

JJ's Grandma

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My husband and I have standing in Alegheny County to seek visitation of our grandson. We live in California and are going pro se for now.

How can I find out how and when to make motions? I need to make 2, one to allow us to take the parenting class in CA, the other to see our grandson when we are there for mediation and conciliation.

My plan is to file the petition on Monday, have her served early Tuesday morning. Do I file the motion(s) after she has been served or when I file the motion. Thank you.

I meant do I file the motions at the same time that I file the original complaint?

How can I find out how and when to make motions?

Search the internet, use one of a dozen search engines to assist you.

If you don't know what to do, you need to hire a PA licensed attorney to do it for you.

So, on a Saturday night you are asking to learn the equivalent of a law degree by Monday.

Sorry, no can do.

You should hire a lawyer if you want any chance of getting it right.

How can I find out how and when to make motions?

Spend some quality time at a law library (preferably one local to the court where the case is pending).

While you didn't find "adjusterjack's" answer to be useful, it was an excellent response, and I thoroughly agree with the substance of it.

Spend some quality time at a law library (preferably one local to the court where the case is pending).

While you didn't find "adjusterjack's" answer to be useful, it was an excellent response, and I thoroughly agree with the substance of it.
Thank you the help. I doubt that making a motion is hardly all you learned while in law school!

Thank you the help. I doubt that making a motion is hardly all you learned while in law school!

Actually writing a motion is far afield from arguing that motion in court.

An experienced lawyer doesn't write a lengthy motion, she saves that for the courtroom.

I doubt that making a motion is hardly all you learned while in law school!

I didn't learn how to make a motion while in law school. Because motion practice is state-specific, and because many law students do not end up practicing law in the state where they attend law school, law schools do not teach students how to make/file motions. However, many things that go into making a motion are taught in law school. Hence, my statement that I agree with the substance of "adjusterjack's" response.

Back