Grandmother wants visitation rights - WA State

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdanz

I do not want to have any contact with my mother. A year ago she began false allegations against my fiancé which lead to criminal proceedings under communication with a minor for immoral purposes. The criminal charges were recently dropped before actually going to trial; however there is a civil suite still pending brought on by CPS stemming from the same allegations. Over the past year since this began my mother will not stop calling, dropping by my work, showing up at my house, or sending letters. I have made it very clear I do not want her to contact me on my children while the case is still pending and probably not even after. This last message she left said she was prepared to take legal steps to force visitation. Does she have any ground to do this?

Yes, she can file, and in all likely hood, recieve SOME visitation.

Why would you put a man before your own mother?

G-parent visitation is limited, and she'll need to go to court and ask. She may or may not receive it. If she can prove it is in the childs best interest she MAY get some. where is the father of these kids?

It is obvious grandma is concerned about what is going on in the house. Is your boyfriend doing inappropriate activity with the kids or other children? If charges are being filed and you continue to have a relationsghip with this man, you are facing trouble. Not just from grandma but social services.

Their father lives in another city but sees the children every other weekend. My mother gave him a lot of grief durring our marrage which is one reason we divorced unfortunately. He knows the children have not had any abuse from me or my fiance and knows what my mother is like. He's on our side. Social services is the one we are fighting in the civil suite right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back