grandmother taking advantage of

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickC

Need advice.. Have a cousin that moved into grandma's house after he got out of prison, she felt bad he had no place to go. 5 years later he has been to jail few times and last time she didn't want him there but again felt bad. Now he has moved a girl in, which grandma doesn't approve of but if she says anything it's you have to evict me..he has brought stolen things in home, speaks bad to her and won't leave when she tells him to get out. Found out he is stealing money from her. So they tell me you have to evict but that takes almost 2 months and when it gets started I'm in fear of what more will he do to her or how he will treat her.. What can be done asap short of me doing a crime..

Need advice.. Have a cousin that moved into grandma's house after he got out of prison, she felt bad he had no place to go. 5 years later he has been to jail few times and last time she didn't want him there but again felt bad. Now he has moved a girl in, which grandma doesn't approve of but if she says anything it's you have to evict me..he has brought stolen things in home, speaks bad to her and won't leave when she tells him to get out. Found out he is stealing money from her. So they tell me you have to evict but that takes almost 2 months and when it gets started I'm in fear of what more will he do to her or how he will treat her.. What can be done asap short of me doing a crime..

If laws are being broken, crimes being committed, elders being abused, domestic violence; there is an easier way to get these thugs BOOTED.

Call the local law enforcement agency and have granny tell them what these thugs are doing and have done.

If she knows he's bringing stolen property to her home, again, call the police.

If they're beating old granny up, call the police.

The police will investigate and do what they do, remove the scum.

When he gets out of jail (after being arrested), don't let the thugs return.

The State of Michigan has an agency to assist when elders are being abused:

http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,1607,7-192-29941_30590-46053--,00.html

Or, you could take Granny in to live with you, while she goes the eviction route.

When Granny stops paying the electric bill (and other utilities) because she's with you, the thugs will leave, too.

If he is bringing stolen things into the house, stealing from her....., I would definitely contact the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back