Got Scammed!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evariffe

I had a friend about 4 years ago that asked me to put her 2kids on my tax return and she would give me my return money - at the time i was like okay whatever no big deal right its going to get claimed either way...WRONG!!!!! i was talking with my husband about it and he told me it was fraud! IS THIS RIGHT! AM I GOING TO BE IN ALOT OF TROUBLE FOR THIS!!! AM I GOING TO GO TO JAIL??? I HAVE 3 KIDS NOW - WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?? MY HUSBAND IS IN THE ARMY _ WILL HE GET IN TROUBLE TOO????? OMG - please help!

If you put her kids on your tax return why did she have to give you money?
In most cases, you are the one who makes more money by declaring more dependents. The rule is if you deliberately lied to conceal information or alter information to benefit from, then it is fraud. Some people are chosen at random to be checked............You might get lucky. But in the near future if you file and for some reason they check your doc the can go back to last year or more to check............this happens if you are one of those chosen for random auditing or under suspicion. Depending on your record, it would be a fine or more if you don't have a clean record.

You committed the fraud, of course she had no business asking you to claim her kids because its unclear if even she had the legal right to claim them. Dad could have been able to for all you know. If she did not file taxes then she is obviously hiding something.

You financially gained from this, so if you are audited, it is going to come back and bite you. Perhaps you got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back