Good Samaritan

Status
Not open for further replies.

romas1401

While working, my father witnessed another man fall from a bucket truck and die. When my dad rushed to help the man he crossed a line of safety and as a result was terminated from his position. Can his job legally be terminated? Does the good samaritan law pertain to this situation? Where can I find other cases that have occured like this one?

Unless he's under contract of some sort including union, then yes, he can be terminated. It's BS in this case, but it is what it is.

The problem is even if he did fight and got his job back, chances are they would just get rid of him later for no reason, and they don't need it.

On the other hand, if the guy that fell wasn't moving, then your father probably should have just called for help and waited. This brings to mind something from working at the airport (although on a different scale.) If a plane crashes on the runway, we as the airline employees are not allowed to go out on the runway and assist. We have to wait for help. So in your dad's case, unless the guy that fell absolutely needed immediate assistance, there's nothing your dad could have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back