Giving up parental rights & Child Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShepWrld

I live in Texas, my ex-girlfriend told me I'm the father of her 18 month old daughter. We took a paternity test, I'm the biological father. I want to give up my parental rights to the child, but her "attorney" told her that I would still have to pay child support. Is that right??? :eek: :confused:

giving up parental rights

Texas..damn how they always see the mother's side. Me and my husband are trying to find out if it is possible for him to do the same thing you are wanting to do. His ex-girlfriend was pregnact, and 12 years later we go to court and find out that the 12 year old boy is really his. He has been ordered to pay child support for this child. I am currently doing resarch on how to give up rights to this child (to avoid giving this bitch any money), so far what I'm about to tell you is all I found out (it probably best if you hire a private attorney) you need to go in front of a judge to get your rights terminated, the judge must be convinced that you being part of that child life is NOT in the best interest of that child. If you can get the judge to see your side (good luck) you will not have to pay her anything. You will not be on the birth cerificate, it would be as if you don't exist. The trick is, convincing a judge! I hope this helps you. Maybe we can help each other out in this matter, the more I found out I will let you know!! Again good luck!! :)

Urrrgggh!!!

Texas has a big, BIG problem in the Child Support division (Please read this complete statement for it shows the true nature of the agency)

I'm in the same stutation; I am a father of two. One I take care of by myself and the second is in the custody of different female. I love both but the Texas courts WILL not see past the skirt!

I have two different problems:

1. The child I take care of (4 years old), I love greatly and have supported by myself willingly. The mother is a major drug user and in and out of jail. But, I want her to stay away from my daughter and I don't care if she ever pays a dime (Which she doesn't)! The problem is she likes power, and holds her parental rights over my head. She doesn't care about the child, just the power over me. CPS has taken her other child away (What a great mother!!)

This is the problem I have with both situations, their drive to feel empowered!

2. The second child lives in another state (The court doesn't care!). She will not let me see her without her supervision. This is what the 8 year old court document states. I can't change the document without a lot of money and a great lawyer. But the Child Support agency will be happy to add things to it to favor the mother. I have paid over 400 dollars a month in child support without any rights!!!! This woman is filling my child's head with hateful things about me and I still have no rights. Texas has a big, BIG problem in the Child Support division. I want to drop my rights to prevent more harm to my child and my life. The mother doesn't work; your tax dollars support her and my child support! I call the child support division to find out information, and they treat me like scum. I do my part, WHY!!!!!

To make things worse I went to file for child support on the child I take care, and the forms are all bias and the questions are geared to the females like "If the father can't pay, do you know someone in the father's life that can?" I know my situation is a little different, but if the child support agency is supposed to take a neutral ground why the form is worded that way?!?

This info may help both of your issues:
I called the Child Support Office and started to ask questions about the filing of child support against the mother (What a surprise, they still treated me like a dog). I asked if I could put a provision in the contract advising the mother that if she ever wanted to give up her rights, she would have to pay a dime. And the lady told me and I quote "If she gives up her rights, then there is nothing in the contract to enforce. She will still be required to pay any balances, but they would stop accruing and the rights would be terminated." I have heard this before BUT never from the child support office! I would give up hope, I have suffered for 8 years and I wish someone with a lot of money stand up and fight this unfair system!! I want my freedom!!!!

And another one...

Alright, here's the situation - my ex-girlfriend calls me a few weeks ago, and tells me that she's pregnant. Of course, this is not a situation I'm immediately comfortable with, but it's not because I'm not one to run from a responsibility.

See, I'm not going to be here, I'm actually going OUT OF THE COUNTRY, back to my home country because I'm involved in a business deal, basically starting up my own business and funds that I have now have been pooled into that venture.

What that basically means, I don't want to be in another country, while there's a child with my blood flowing through it without a father there to be around. Its something I'm NOT comfortable with at all.

Abortion was a suggestion. Upon that suggestion, any aggression that she had towards her first child's father was aimed towards me. From talking to her, it seems she had hoped the child would keep me here, but unfortunately that isn't the case because contracts have been signed to help with my venture. She would then threaten me with child support (Claiming it would follow me, no matter where I go or how far I try to run, when I was not tryin to run in the first place), and basically degrade my character. It was a painful deja vu - but that couldn't be helped.

At first, she stated that she would have an abortion if something like that were to happen, then when it does she states she was only joking about it (Which pissed me off slightly). Then after I talk to her, after several excuses, she says that she'd do it if I paid for it.

Fine.

However, even though I gathered enough money to pay for the pill, the most painless procedure of doing this - she then leaves a message on my phone stating "Save my money, she's not going to do it", which made me aggrivated even more.

Basically, my attitude is this, I have no problems in paying to support my child - but, I just feel that child support is literally useless without the actual means to support the child. I already offered to buy her the things she may need before I leave, like the crib, stroller, car seat, et cetera. basically a list of things that she wrote down. However, I know that after I leave, most of my energy and money is going to be focused on my upstart business, and there's no telling where I'll see an actual payout till I get established - which means, any form of child support would be out of the question until that point, and with new businesses, you never know when that'll be.

Look, to make a long story short - Is there a way that, because I'm going to be out of the country, is there anyway that rights as the child's father can be signed over to the mother? Another problem I have is this, I don't want to be the type to send my money overseas - and not know what's being done with it. On top of that, and I regret it everytime I say this - for a child that I never wanted (WHich I know isn't my choice) in the first place.

What makes me even more mad, is the fact that, I KNOW, and even she would say so herself, she doesn't even have the means to support herself and her first child, muchless another one - but yet she chooses to have this one.

If I were still here, hell, if we were still together, this would've been so much easy - but I can't even stand to be around her, or even talk to her - she thinks I'm still attracted to her, but she's a major turn off. And it's not because she's pregnant, its because of the attitude she has towards me, which is aggression that should've been directed to her first child's father. Look, basically, if there's a way that I can sign over any, if not all rights to this child - or do I just have to chalk it up to life?

This is not legal Advise!

You are in a tricky situation here and at the moment i think it is not quite "Legal" advice you need. I am not passing any judgment, just trying to give you another outlook.
You see from the questions you ask, it seems the battle is with yourself, do you or do you not stand by your responsibilitys. It can be said that if you choose to run away from your unborn child, you then have to live with the fact that you, have a child you are not supporting and one day that will almost 100% come back to haunt you in more ways than one. Plus can you live with the fact you will not be involed in this childs life, like watching the baby be born, listerning to its first word, watching its first step and giving guidence to help that child become a fantastic adult. They are the fruits of your labor, "being a responsible adult".

Or,, do you, leave your child, to a women you don't seem to like and let you child grow up in an enviroment with no involvement from yourself, into someone you dont' know. If this is your child, it is your duty to stand by it reguardless of the situation, in supporting it's future welfare. Remember we are talking about another human being here, that's as not asked to be born. Do you wan't this child growing up thinking it's Daddy didn't or dos'nt care?

If you feel Abortion is the answer and the mother dose not, then you can't try and convince her different, because you feel you need to go off and start a business.
Look what ever dission you make you have to live with, so it is you choice and your choice only. Personally I would learn to consult with the women you conceeded this child with and come to some kind of mature arangment. But hey, it's all up to you!

Good luck
and i hope you find the right path.

To the original poster, you cannot just ask to have your parental rights terminated. The courts may force you to pay support, whether or not you want to be an involved Dad is up to you. You just cannot get out of your responsibility because you want too.

Both the mother and the father need to agree to this, AND generally, there needs to be a stepfather willing to adopt her.

Support generally stops when rights are terminated, but you would still owe any back support.

Be careful who you have sex with, that is the bottom line.

hey my X-Monster says that I had never sent her child support for my three girl's, but I have les's from Marine Corps that say I did. Now they want me to pay 400.00 a month for areeres Yes all of my girls are emansapated. The youngest is now 23.

Now in my second marage that lasted two days, my girl is 14yrs., they want me to pay 600.00 a month I just cant aford this it's way to much.

I just found out threw my oldest girl from 1St marage that her mother is locked up for embezalment taking money from where she worked. Its the forth time!!!!
All i am asking is there a way to reduce the child support payments and make this areeres thing go away or also reduced so that me and my new family can stop going threw problems?!!!!!

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!

You can in fact get around paying the arrears. The only catch is, the baby's mother would have to do an act of forgiveness. She would have to go to the court and request an Act of Forgiveness. Once she does that you will no longer have to pay back anything from the past. I hope that helped. I've been doing this for so long and I'm still trying to find out alot of answers. I will tell you this though, every state, county, or parish is different. Although you would think a law would be a law anywhere but..NO! Our failing system is not for the ppl.

Wow. Just wow. I too now am feeling sick to my stomach after reading some of these posts.
To the one who is trying to find ways for her husband to terminate HIS rights to HIS child for FINANCIAL REASONS...shame on you. You make me sick.

Yep. Still, some of the postings were stomach churning.

By now, the woman who was trying to find a way to get her husband to be able to terminate parental rights has likely been dumped by said husband who isn't paying child support on THEIR children either.

Gail

WoW...

I can't believe how many people are willing to overlook using condems! If you don't want kids couldn't you take a few seconds to put one on?

You can prevent so many inconvienences. You can prevent....the suffering of a child having parents who wished they didn't exist because they have to pay child support, the parent who who raises the child also suffers from all this too, its funny how the non supportive parents think they are the victims in this and that is totally not true. You can save yourself years of being chased by the Attorney General, by the way that is exactly what is going to happen to you new parents who want to run away from responsibility they will be after you till your child turns 18, if you don't pay you will be hunted down constantly, in and out of jail and court, so if you failed to take precaution from getting someone pregnant you better stay with them or be an active parent from the beginning, if you don't your in for a long rough road ahead of you. It's alot better that you support the child on your own and help with your child instead of getting into never ending disputes with your ex and before they put you on child support. Make and agreement with your ex if you can't be together and be an active supporting parent. The Attorney General does not care if you have another family, or have drug problems, or don't have a job, or need a new truck. Your child support comes first and if you don't like it don't have kids. Those of you who have problems with your partner paying their ex child support; it's better not to get involved with someone who has children already because they can't run away from their responsibilities. You shouldn't be asking them too, you need to put yourself in their shoes. How would you feel if it was the other way around.

parental rights

There are a bunch of dead beat men on here if you ask me! If you don't want a child then keep it in your pants!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back