ginnyb56

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginnyb56

I have been working for a non-profit homeowners assoc for 14 1/2 yrs. 12 1/2 yrs ago I was promoted to the position of financial adminsitrator, working under an employment contract. At the time of signing of the contract I was working 30 hrs per week which according to the operations manual is full-time employment and makes me eligible for benefits (medical & life ins. & pension). My contract is renewed annually when the association budget is approved. The Board of Trustees is now suggesting that I have to work 40 hrs per week or not be eligible for benefits. The op manual still reads 30 hrs per week as full-tme employment. Can the Board require that I work 40 hrs when my contract will not be renewed again until December? Can I continue to work 30 hrs and stop accepting benefits? Would suggesting either of these options give the Board "cause" for firing me? Any help someone can give me would be greatly appreciated!

You should probably show your contract to an Attorney. If I were to guess I would say you keep your full time status and benefits if your contract reads your full time with benefits at hours you presently work. Once more show your contract to an Attorney as we cannot see the verebage here. The exact wording is important

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back