Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Getting my things back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsaldanas

Okay so I lived in an apartment for a few years with a couple people. I had a disagreement with one of them, Ill call him Bob for this post. I had a disagreement with Bob and had to move out, Bob refuses to give me my things. Is there a way I can legally prove they are mine without a receipt or anything documented. I heard possession is 9/10ths of the law so do I have a chance of getting my things if Bob has possession of them? or If I convinced someone to give them to me would Bob legally be able to get them back because he previously had possession of them?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks to anyone who can help.

Okay so I lived in an apartment for a few years with a couple people. I had a disagreement with one of them, Ill call him Bob for this post. I had a disagreement with Bob and had to move out, Bob refuses to give me my things. Is there a way I can legally prove they are mine without a receipt or anything documented. I heard possession is 9/10ths of the law so do I have a chance of getting my things if Bob has possession of them? or If I convinced someone to give them to me would Bob legally be able to get them back because he previously had possession of them?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks to anyone who can help.

Simple, contact the local police agency and ask them to meet you for a CIVIL STANDBY while you recover your personal items.

Now, you won't have two hours to do this, and you won't get to pack it neatly.

So, come prepared to throw your junk into a box or garbage bags for about 10-15 minutes and be told to leave.

If you're smart, you'll take what you can, thank them, and leave.

You'll do as they instruct, and keep your mouth shut, and the others will be told the same.

Now, if that can't or doesn't happen, your only recourse is to file a small claims case and hope it works.

Simple, contact the local police agency and ask them to meet you for a CIVIL STANDBY while you recover your personal items.

Now, you won't have two hours to do this, and you won't get to pack it neatly.

So, come prepared to throw your junk into a box or garbage bags for about 10-15 minutes and be told to leave.

If you're smart, you'll take what you can, thank them, and leave.

You'll do as they instruct, and keep your mouth shut, and the others will be told the same.

Now, if that can't or doesn't happen, your only recourse is to file a small claims case and hope it works.

I have a few questions about the civil standby.

Would I be allowed to get things if Bob says the things do not belong to me, also does Bob have to agree to the civil standby? because I don't think he would.

I have a few questions about the civil standby.

Would I be allowed to get things if Bob says the things do not belong to me, also does Bob have to agree to the civil standby? because I don't think he would.

The cops have YOUR answers, assuming they agree to do it.

Ask the local cops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back