Getting Divorced

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmyles2k8

My soon to be ex and I are currently separated. It is not a legal separation but a physical one as we are in two different homes now. While moved out I lived with family so I could continue assisting with the bills while I was away until I found out what my child support payments would be for my daughter. She informed me that she would get the divorce started but she didn't have any money. So she planned to get a lawyer to file the divorce but have me pay for it since "it was my idea". I told her that there was no way she could get a lawyer and have them bill me for it since "it was my idea". I was apparently confused because that is not what she meant at all. She went into my account, in my name only, and wrote herself some checks and also paid for her attorney using my money. This put me in a financial hole where I was unable to pay my bills and I am still playing catchup. I had my bank to freeze my account so that I could file a police report. A few of my divorced friends told me that since she was my wife the police would not do anything. I contact her to see if she would repay the money she took without permission and she said, "speak to my lawyer". How bold of her to take my money to pay for a lawyer and then hide behind said lawyer. What are my options? Is my money gone or will a police report actually do something to help me get my money back? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back