Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Getting arrested for drugs while on probation

Status
Not open for further replies.

matheney2k

My girlfriend was arrested on 1-19-2009 for DUI, possession of meth and careless driving. She was put on probation for 5 years and ordered to go to a rehab clinic for 6 months. She has completed rehab successfully. Now she has been doing REALLY good, going to college full-time, and working. The other day she had a relapse and was arrested. I will just copy+paste the charges since they are listed on the jail website:

POSS CONT SUB, 1ST DEG, 1ST OFF (METHAMP
OPER MTR VEH U/INFLU ALC/DRUGS/ETC. .08
LICENSE TO BE IN POSSESSION
REAR LICENSE NOT ILLUMINATED
NO BRAKE LIGHTS (PASSENGER VEHICLES)
DRUG PARAPHERNALIA-BUY/POSSESS-1ST OFFEN

The last thing I want is for her to go to jail over this one stupid mistake. What are her options? Thank you all in advance.

She will likely do some jail time. She violated her probation terms and was caught in possession again... es no bueno....

I may be wrong too... but I will naturally assume that this was not just one stupid mistake. She has likely been doing it for awhile and finally got caught. The odds of this being the first time and being caught that ONE time are pretty low.

The police mentioned working a deal with her to set up somebody else, but no official word has been given yet. Could this affect it enough to keep her out?

matheney2k said:
The police mentioned working a deal with her to set up somebody else, but no official word has been given yet. Could this affect it enough to keep her out?

She needs rehab. Get her into a good facility and get her a lawyer or work with her public defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She should not discuss or agree to anything without consulting with a lawyer... otherwise her cooperation is just an admission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back