get married while you still married

C

Cornelia Lee

Jurisdiction
Kansas
Hello my name is Cornelia and I live in Germany with my daughter. Her dad and I separated in October 2015 and he went back to the states. We are still married, nobody filed for the divorce yet. I'm in the process to get all the information about getting divorced. We have been married almost 19 years. Since he been back in the states he doesn't pay any child support for our daughter. I have the German child services involved. Ok now I been hearing from different sources that he got remarried in the states. Is that even possible if you are still married? Where should I report this? Thank you already for your help. He was 21 years in the US Army and gets retirement, also we lived together in the states before, when we were still together.
Best regards
Cornelia Lee

You can get 50% of his retirement pay when you divorce him.
His and your child is entitled to a military dependent's ID card (as are you FOREVER), the kid until she/he turns 18, or older if she/he goes to college.

See a German lawyer ASAP.

See someone at the US Embassy or consulate.
See a JAG at any US military base.
Forget his marriage.
It's illegal, we call it bigamy.
But, there's no MONEY for you in his bigamy.

There is money for you 50% of his military retirement pay.
Go get it!!!!

Hello my name is Cornelia and I live in Germany with my daughter. Her dad and I separated in October 2015 and he went back to the states. We are still married, nobody filed for the divorce yet. I'm in the process to get all the information about getting divorced. We have been married almost 19 years. Since he been back in the states he doesn't pay any child support for our daughter. I have the German child services involved. Ok now I been hearing from different sources that he got remarried in the states. Is that even possible if you are still married? Where should I report this? Thank you already for your help. He was 21 years in the US Army and gets retirement, also we lived together in the states before, when we were still together.
Best regards
Cornelia Lee

File for divorce asap. I'm not sure who you call about bigamy but you can bring it up in the divorce hearing. Why would he pay child support if you're still married? He wouldn't be ordered to do so. He should have been helping out but shoulda, coulda, woulda.

Back