German Wants To Marry A Lebanese

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigress

please reply to this!!!!

hello

im a lebanese lady who is married few months ago to a lebanese man, i met a german man andwe fell in love with each other, he is married too to a german lady with a 5 year old kid, but he works and lives in the arabian gulf and his wife and kid are living in germany cause she refuses to live with him out of her country, their relationship is negative and he visits his wife during holidays noting that they are not seperated.
i decided to get divorce and he decided too, cause we intend to marry.
but the problem is in germany as i know it takes time to get divorced for about one year. he is christian and he told me he needs one year to be 100% free.
is it right???? i want to know in german law how long it takes him to get divorce????

and can we marry in the arab gulf country where we live or any other country a civil marriage until he is devorced in the church???? or its not possible???

if we want to marry both in germany after he is divorced what documents needed from a lebanese lady to marry a german man.
or can we marry in the arab gulf country where we are???

im not christian so i need to become one , if we want to marry in the church too so what should i do to become a christian???
and if we marry only by civil marriage do i still have the same rights as church marriage????

please i need ur help soon

and be free to ask me any question

Last edited:
In Germany you must have a civil marriage to be legally married. Church marriage has no legal repercussions, it is optional. Therefore your faith is irrelevant in Germany. You can marry and get divorced being Christian, Muslim or whatever, all under the same law.

It is true that a divorce in Germany usually takes at least one year. Basically there is no way around it unless both spouses agree to get divorced in another country in which one of them is living. So in your case, if the wife is not willing to get divorced outside of Germany, he needs to get divorced there. Also in Germany you must have a lawyer to get divorced.

So I advise your boyfriend to consult with a German lawyer who can explain it all to him and also explain what you need to marry in Germany.

You don't necessarily need to marry in Germany, but Germany will only recognize marriages if they were made under similar laws.

You definitely cannot marry before you both are divorced. If you do, this marriage will not be accepted in most countries of the world and you even might be subject to criminal charges for bigamy.

well

thanks for ur reply but....

if my german bf had a lawyer to divorce him does he have to be there in germany ???? to attend the court for example if they needed him??? if he is out of germany with a lawyer how many times he has to be there to attend the court??? or the lawyer will do this instead??

and what if his wife refused to get divorce??? what will happen then???
the lawyer will handle this or what???
and does it take longer time if his wife refused to get divorced??? and if she accepted to divorce does it take shorter than one year for him to be one hundred percent free???

German law says that a court can only issue a divorce decree once the couple has lived apart for at least one year. So there is no way to shorten that time.

If one of them does not want the divorce the court can actually prolong that time to three years, but this is seldom done.

He probably only needs to appear in court once, for the final decree, his attorney should be able to handle all the other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back