Georgia - Child Support for Home-Schooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyarice

I live in Georgia. The Ex quit paying child support because my son went from physically going to high school to home-schooling, and also arguing that I owe him back all support from June and July (summer months). My son is 18 and is at the beginning of his senior year and switched to home-schooling. The final order of the court says support is paid as long as child is enrolled in secondary school until the age of 20. Does Georgia recognize home-schooling same as going physically going to high school? Thank you.

I live in Georgia. The Ex quit paying child support because my son went from physically going to high school to home-schooling, and also arguing that I owe him back all support from June and July (summer months). My son is 18 and is at the beginning of his senior year and switched to home-schooling. The final order of the court says support is paid as long as child is enrolled in secondary school until the age of 20. Does Georgia recognize home-schooling same as going physically going to high school? Thank you.

Are you abiding by the Georgia Education Code for homeschooling as outlined in the link below?

http://www.doe.k12.ga.us/askdoe.aspx?PageReq=ASKHome

If so, then there will be a record of your son's attendance and participation in a home study program, so I would assume that it would qualify as enrollment in a secondary school.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back