General question

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltbro

I am a 59 year old male who over the weekend received an email from a 36 year old women who claims that I am her birth father. The information in the email suggests that this is probably true. I am absolutely stunned. My wife and I didn't get married until we were in our forties so we have no children. And now out of the blue comes this news. The woman who claims to be my daughter says she needs to contact me to get necessary medical information. I'm wondering why she is just now contacting me after all these years. The big question is is there any way possible I could be legally responsible for something at this point? I mean, it's not like she's a minor. But she may have minor children. I have not responded to her yet and I am not sure how to respond. If she is really my daughter then I would certainly want to get to know her and to find out all about her. But I am really not sure how to respond at this point. I welcome any advice. Thanks.

I doubt that there is anything you can be responsible for.

But watch out for scams...it's been known to happen.

Make sure you have proof she is who she says before you discuss your medical history.

I am curious is it ethical or even legal fro an attorney that represents you to submit a draft of a motion that you are working on to the opposing attorney with out your consent or knowledge. This was just found to have occurred back in a case that is under consideration to be re-opened due to fraud and non-disclosure. The reson why it was discovered is that a file was subponeaed into the court and a fax was in this file that contained a hand written message from one attorney to the other stating that the attorney was giving this copy of the draft of the motion weeks before it was filed and stated that it was being done out of professional courtesy. I never heard of such a thing and the client was never informed of this draft being sent to the opposing attorney and is very unsettled about this occurence..Do you have any information on anything like this ever happening in a court case? Please advise as to any information you can pass along in regards to this topic would be greatly appreciated...Regards from Curious in Ocean County NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back