Gender Discrimination and Gender Biases

Tessalaska1

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I work for the government that is not covered under title 5. I work for the TSA in PHX and the female officers have been discriminated against with a work bid due to start at the the end of Oct. 2022. Looking for help and guidance the union has done little or none thing to help the female officers.

I work for the government that is not covered under title 5. I work for the TSA in PHX and the female officers have been discriminated against with a work bid due to start at the the end of Oct. 2022. Looking for help and guidance the union has done little or none thing to help the female officers.

Considering you have provided absolutely no information regarding the discrimination, I don't know how anyone one here can guide you.

How exactly are the women being discriminated against?

If your union, to which you pay dues doesn't care, there's nothing strangers can do.

Get the aggrieved females to chip in $50 to $100 each and hire a lawyer to bring a lawsuit.

Otherwise, if you don't help yourselves, there's no help and hope for you.

What is the discrimination, exactly? What reason has the agency given for the different treatment? Does the union agreement with the agency address this at all? As a former federal government employee myself, I'm not surprised the union is not doing much for you. That was my experience with federal government unions, too, ever since President Reagan won against striking air traffic controllers in the 1980s.

Before you can sue the federal government as an employee, you must first exhaust all administrative remedies. You'll want a lawyer familiar with employee claims against the federal government as there are very specific rules that must be followed that don't apply in purely private lawsuits.

Back