Geico denied my claim

brengonz73

My vehicle was stolen and involved in an accident.

Geico denied my claim because after their investigation, they said that their system showed that one of my keys was used during the incident. My keys are trackable because of the chip installed in them. They are claiming that i know who had taken my car, which i do not know. Then they wanted me to as around, which i told the insurance that to feel free to contact my family and question them. I do not want to do that, and then have my family against me.

So they denied my claim.

Can i take this further? Can i take geico to small claims? And if i can, which geico office do i put in the court papers? Because the accident was reported to have happened in riverside. Do i serve the riverside branch or the fontana branch where i live?

My vehicle was stolen and involved in an accident.

Geico denied my claim because after their investigation, they said that their system showed that one of my keys was used during the incident. My keys are trackable because of the chip installed in them. They are claiming that i know who had taken my car, which i do not know. Then they wanted me to as around, which i told the insurance that to feel free to contact my family and question them. I do not want to do that, and then have my family against me.

So they denied my claim.

Can i take this further? Can i take geico to small claims? And if i can, which geico office do i put in the court papers? Because the accident was reported to have happened in riverside. Do i serve the riverside branch or the fontana branch where i live?

You can sue anyone in small claims.
Yes, you can sue Geico.
You name the Geico HQ, and your local office as defendants.
You have to serve them properly, but a little research on your part, and all will be known by you.

But, but, but, here's your problem.
Small claims courts are limited as to what remedies they can provide for the prevailing litigant.
Your issue is with your policy (your contract between Geico and yourself), and their decision to deny your claim.

If you pursue this fool's errand, the technology revelation of your key being used will be presented and will leave you open to a criminal charge.
There's no way you can prevail, and all this will reap for you is more problems, bigger problems.

Your easiest option to tell Geico who stole your car, if your car was stolen, and used it without your permission.
That is fraught with pitfalls, too, especially if the one you finger has used the car before with your permission.

You're also on the hook for the damages caused by the accident.
If Geico knows stuff, rest assured the police know more.
Plus, what Geico knows, the insurance company of the accident victim knows stuff, too.

I suggest you endeavor to make this right.
Otherwise, you will find yourself being unable to obtain car insurance, and your driving privileges will also be in jeopardy.

You really need to retain an attorney.
The days ahead for you will suddenly become very gloomy.

I don't know how much money we are talking here but your best bet is to talk to a lawyer before filing a lawsuit. You can generally also take a different route & file an appeal with your state's ins. commissioner.

Back