Criminal Law GC: petitioner s criminal record question

Status
Not open for further replies.

skovaz

hi,
i got married in november 2007 in the US with a citizen and about to start the procedures to get green card and so forth, but i have people telling me that if my wife has criminal records then i s not possible to go trough with it!

i never heard that and i can t find anything about it on the net so if u please can tell me what s the truth i d be grateful!!!

so i m clean, no criminal past whatsoever, and i never asked about her situation but i know she had a troubled past...

can you tell me if this can be an issue and if there are particular cases that will put the whole process in danger?

thank u !

alex

If the US citizen has a criminal record, it does not matter. It would not affect the petition in any way. The immigration officer might only be a bit harder to make sure it is a genuine wedding and not money motivated.........many people with criminal records turn to do marriages for money.......but it does not affect anything in your case. Only the foreigner or alien has to have either a clean criminal record or a record which meets the petit crime exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back