Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Gave the wrong info for a MIP

jeffhayday

I was my first party and I got caught drinking. I told the cop I was 18 and I lived out of state and gave him false info. I gave him my friends name who is 18 but wrong birthday, wrong number and the address. They made me take a breathalizer and I failed. What will happen since the info is wrong? Will they be able to find him with just his name and wrong info? We don't look anything alike either.

I was my first party and I got caught drinking. I told the cop I was 18 and I lived out of state and gave him false info. I gave him my friends name who is 18 but wrong birthday, wrong number and the address. They made me take a breathalizer and I failed. What will happen since the info is wrong? Will they be able to find him with just his name and wrong info? We don't look anything alike either.

You may have caused yourself more trouble.
The officer won't like being fooled or lied to about such a silly, simple thing.
He or she may look for you, eventually.
He or she will probably try to find your soon to be former friend.
Your former friend may give you up, when he learns that lying to the police is a crime.
Yes, they do prosecute people who foolishly break their laws and then blatantly lie to them.

If you were fingerprinted or photographed then this could come back to haunt you. Your lies broke another law or two.
Otherwise, they might not have a way to identify you after the fact and you might get lucky if this just disappears.

Back