Full Time In Home Elder Care

ABL1975

Jurisdiction
New York
We have a late 70's widowed matriarch (in-law) who has vascular dementia. She is unable to care for herself and needs 24-7 care. This is being provided in home by two of her daughters at this time but is not tenable due to stairs and long periods of leaving her alone, among other reasons.

Her home and much of her assets were placed into an irrevocable trust in 2018.

We were told that 24-7 care can be provided through a charity program. Names such as Community Trust and the Lombardi Plan were mentioned but unfortunately the daughter/"control freak" that insists on doing this does not understand what was told to her. Now she has gone to an Elder Care Lawyer who tells her that there is no such thing as 24-7 home care and that the best she'll do is get 12 hours per day.

I have been trying to research this and came upon this site. Can anyone shed some light on this or direct me to someplace to research the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone shed some light on this or direct me to someplace to research the answer.

These sites MIGHT be able to assist you.

I don't endorse or suggest ANY of these sites, but present them to you for you to conduct your due diligence"

New York ElderCare Resource Center

Consumer Guide to Community-Based Long Term Care - New York State Department of Health

Paying for Assisted Living & Home Care in New York

When Medicaid in New York Will Pay for Assisted Living or Home Health Care

Resources | New York Foundation For Eldercare

Back