full custody, "reasonable visitation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog35647

I live in Alabama. My ex-husband lives in Kentucky. Per our divorce decree, I have full custody and he has "reasonable visitation". I would like to know what "reasonable visitation" means and what am I held to by alabama law.

My ex-husband will not make the effort to come and see them. He has had them on the weekend in October 2000 and went to see them at daycare/school when he took me to court for child support modification in November 2001. He won't meet me 1/2 way to pick up the kids so he can see them. He's been living with girlfriends, sisters, mom, grandparents, etc for over 2 yrs now. I never know where he is living, he has not even tried to contact the boys, he hasn't done anything for birthdays, etc.

Should it be up to me for me to take them to see him?
:confused:

Why would you take your children to see someone that clearly has no interest in seeing them? It seems like it is unfair to the children that you push them off on him. My advise is.......... get on with your life and don't make the effort to take the kids to him. He doesn't want them or any part of them. As a single parent, you are the Mom and the Dad. I did it for years and was successful. I am now married to a wonderful man who adores my son and my son is very well adjusted. Don't chase after something that is not there. Don't pursue someone who wants nothing to do with you or the kids......
Vicki
Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back