freelance web developer does not work anymore

Nikaapo

Jurisdiction
Europe
Hi,

My company hired a webdeveloper in November 2019 to create a complex subscription website. The contract does not state any deadline.

When the website was almost finished and we would begin to correct all the bugs and make modifications to some functionalities, the developer's attitude changed from being very cooperative to not answering my messages or doing anything on the website, sometimes for more that 2 weeks.

A few weeks ago, he told me that I had asked for too many modifications (no amount was stated in the contract and these were mostly corrections from the bugs on the website) and that so from now on he would work on it only on his spare time and to be kind (his words)!

My company does not earn any money since the website is still not operational and its progress depends on the whims of the developer.

My question:

Does the fact that the developer has stopped considering the website (already paid for 3 fourths)a priority and works on it only on his spare time can be legally interpreted as a non-respect of the contract on his part and invalidates the contract so that I don't have to pay him the rest if I stop the contract?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Hi,

My company hired a webdeveloper in November 2019 to create a complex subscription website. The contract does not state any deadline.

When the website was almost finished and we would begin to correct all the bugs and make modifications to some functionalities, the developer's attitude changed from being very cooperative to not answering my messages or doing anything on the website, sometimes for more that 2 weeks.

A few weeks ago, he told me that I had asked for too many modifications (no amount was stated in the contract and these were mostly corrections from the bugs on the website) and that so from now on he would work on it only on his spare time and to be kind (his words)!

My company does not earn any money since the website is still not operational and its progress depends on the whims of the developer.

My question:

Does the fact that the developer has stopped considering the website (already paid for 3 fourths)a priority and works on it only on his spare time can be legally interpreted as a non-respect of the contract on his part and invalidates the contract so that I don't have to pay him the rest if I stop the contract?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

I'm sorry, this site is for United States Law only.

A breach of part of a contract doesn't necessarily invalidate the entire contract.

You'll need to take the contract to an attorney in your country for review of its terms and conditions.

Back