fraudulent misrepresentation? New car was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormbringer74

I purchased a "new" car. The sales documents states "new". About 2 months after i bought it a neighbors friend approached me and said he thought the car I had was one he previously purchased and returned a couple days later with a major gas leak. The dealer gave him another new car and compensated him with accessories.

I checked the service history of my car at the dealer and it was confirmed that yes indeed the car was previously purchased, returned and repaired. At no time during our negotiating was I told this information. In fact I was told that the cars missing second key "was in the building somewhere" when in fact I now know that the original owner never returned it. The couldn't find it and had to make me a new one.

The dealer says the car company states that a car is considered new if it is returned with x number of kilometers on it. I stated that that is not the issue and that I was deceived. They have agreed they were wrong but we can't agree on compensation.

Any opinions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Dazed and Confused.

Why not consult with the province agency that oversees auto dealers and/or new car sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back