Fraud!?

T

TortusMcGee

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I was involved in a no contact car accident last July. This means I saw someone sliding across the street from falling off a motorcycle, stopped to see if he was OK then get told I was being ticketed for it after being accused of cutting him off. There isn t any damage to my car. When on the scene he said no cops and I m sorry I couldn t stop . When the paramedics did arrive he got checked out but refused transport to the hospital. He had very minor scrapes on his arms.

He showed up to court and I got supervision because his reason for being there was that my insurance company hasn t called him and he can t reach them. My insurance company said he would be there...

I just got a letter from my insurance company from whom I m with saying that I am being sued and to forward any correspondence to their lawyers. I look in my county site and there s a tort against me. Not that it is relevant but my insurance company thought there was a little bit of fraud going on and the guy has many traffic charges against him in the past including DUI and misdemeanor speeding.

How is this possible? Do you think he can a case? What do I do from here?

How it's possible is explained by the fact that it's being done.

Whether he has a case or not is anybody's guess and impossible to predict the outcome.

What you do from here is cooperate with your insurance company and let the experts handle your defense. Meantime, talk to nobody except your insurance company's claim rep and/or attorney.

What you do right now is as your ins. co. told you to do - forward all correspondence to their lawyers. You need to let their lawyers handle everything at this time.

Back