Consumer Fraud fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

princemarc

My ex girlfriend let me use her ATM card to get money out about 300 hundred dollars, she said I never had to pay her back now that were not together she wants to get me charged with fraud. Can I be charged for fraud over that?

No one here can determine that. It all depends on the story she tells, how long ago this occurred, and what proof the police discover; if they choose to investigate.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop sucks, doesn't it?
Well, that's all you've got.
If you're smart you'll stay away from her and stop blabbing about anything but the weather!!!!!

I don't think so!

PRINCEMARC:

Well, the long and the short answer would have to be, NO!

It is a ridiculous notion on her part to begin with and it is infinitely more ridiculous to even speak such empty, pie-in-the-sky threats. And incidentally, what would be this great charge of fraud, for?

First of all, it is a misnomer of galactic proportion to say someone will charge someone else with this and that and the other, because we, the regular mere mortals, the working stiffs of non-law enforcement class cannot charge anybody with anything. Only the police and the DA can bring charges and no, your ex cannot walk up to a police officer and say please arrest him for fraud because I we are no longer together, either.

If she makes any kind of noise on this thing, she will probably be the one to land in a bit of a hot water with her bank for letting someone else use her ATM card, and besides, the withdrawals were made with her consent and knowledge while you were still a couple.

Bottom line is: do not worry about the threat one bit. It is a non-starter.

fredrikklaw

If your girlfriend contacts police regarding this she will almost certainly be directed to civil court where she has very little chance ofrecovering anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back