Frame up by local law enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarence

I was arrested on by Tift county sheriffs officers on September 17 or 18 2005. For possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, destruction of state or county property, and obstruction. I was not and am not guilty of the first two charges, in which the second charge was dropped due to my asking the public defender to file a motion of discovery to get the video tapes from the patrol cars. She received one tape which freed me from the second charge. I want to know is it too late to file a lawsuit against the Tift county sheriff's department and the public defenders office. Because I was framed, in that I was told that the officer who charged me with the possession of a fire arm , his car had no camera. That is a lie.Had I been able to get the tape from his car it would have also proved that he along with the other officers lied in order to have me arrested and sent back to prison for something I did not do.

So, what brought this up after 8 years?

And did you plead guilty? Or, were you convicted by a jury?

Chances are it is too late to file an appeal or to sue anyone. Since you have been found (or pled) guilty of the possession of a firearm charge, you would have to somehow refute this with new evidence that tends to show your innocence, not guessing that something might have existed that might have shown that you never had, owned, or touched a firearm all those years ago.

So, if you did not have, touch, possess, or own a firearm how did they manage to make that charge stick? Are you saying that someone PLANTED a gun? or, that a gun found wasn't yours ... if the latter, remember that possession is NOT about ownership, but about dominion and control.

I doubt there is anything you can do at this late date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back